5Ds/r Officially announced, sample images posted

This got me to thinking, could Canon really want this to be another all around camera like the 5D mk III was? I mean sure with 50mp, it's going to be good at portraits, landscape and such. But with 2 - Digic 6 processors and the ability to crop to 1.6x and shoot a mRaw of about 24mp, wouldn't this be the same as the 7D mkII except for the 5pfs difference?

It's designed for people who are only going to be shooting certain types of subject. We should all be thankful that camera companies are making cameras designed for a specific end user and cater them so well.

Hold on for the 5dmk4 which is already going to be the "all around" camera.

@runnah, that is the camera I am wanting to see the specs on before I go to full frame. Here's to hoping that it will have dual digic6 processors, about 25 mp and 8-10 fps with the same focusing system of these 2 5d's.

Logic dictates that a camera with a native 20MP will outperform the crop from a higher resolution sensor with smaller, denser pixels.

Surprisingly, this is not necessarily the case. In the land of audio they've been using the equivalent of tons and tons and tons of terrible pixels, for years and years, because it's better. Nokia went with a 41mpix sensor and pixel binning for the same reasons, more or less.[/QUOTE]

These models may very well be for a "specific" market but I found it interesting that the sample images include a portrait, a landscape, and a beautiful, extremely detailed bird. Those subjects cover a very large range of photographers.

Logic dictates that a camera with a native 20MP will outperform the crop from a higher resolution sensor with smaller, denser pixels.

Surprisingly, this is not necessarily the case. In the land of audio they've been using the equivalent of tons and tons and tons of terrible pixels, for years and years, because it's better. Nokia went with a 41mpix sensor and pixel binning for the same reasons, more or less.
[/QUOTE]
How much more is tons and tons and tons over say just tons and tons?

Well, the PCM4202, just as a for instance, uses between 32x and 128x oversampling.

These models may very well be for a "specific" market but I found it interesting that the sample images include a portrait, a landscape, and a beautiful, extremely detailed bird. Those subjects cover a very large range of photographers.

But of course, build it for a specific market but don't deny other markets the desire to owning one - because chances are you will net yourself some sales. This camera would be fantastic for wildlife in good lighting and the cropping capacity might even make some use it and crop over using a teleconverter (that way they save a few stops of light).

I really wish people would stop prattling on about low light, it's not the be all end all when it comes to cameras.

Thing is cameras are so darn good overall that we really are left with low light being one of the core problem areas where we see the most net potential gain.

That said some, like myself, always want to see more gain in low light because we shoot action. Needing ISO 12800 and still being a touch underexposed to shoot action and you really do want every bit of ISO you can get and ever increase in quality.
Hallelujah, exactly!
Grain is not the only problem, loss of detail in high ISO is really painful too.
Do you shoot film no lovely grain in digital only horrible noise

I really wish people would stop prattling on about low light, it's not the be all end all when it comes to cameras.

Thing is cameras are so darn good overall that we really are left with low light being one of the core problem areas where we see the most net potential gain.

That said some, like myself, always want to see more gain in low light because we shoot action. Needing ISO 12800 and still being a touch underexposed to shoot action and you really do want every bit of ISO you can get and ever increase in quality.
Hallelujah, exactly!
Grain is not the only problem, loss of detail in high ISO is really painful too.

Hallelujah, exactly!
Do you shoot film mo lovely grain in digital only horrible noise

I imagine you put any new iteration of a DSLR out there and regardless of the incremental improvement you'll always find gearheads that will buy it because of the improved specs.

That said, I imagine I'd be in for that camera if I ever wanted to rent billboard space and hang up one of my photos. :abnormal:

Why does it have to be just billboards? Use these images to make wraps for your car. Example, take a photo of a yellow Lambo and make it into a wrap for my Jeep wrangler, lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back