700$+- dslr canon or nikon, hit me...

Pardos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Thanks guys... (;

You might want to put some more context to this. First up where do you live? Multiple countries have $ but not all have the same value in the market.

Then there is the use of the camera - what exactly are you ideas and aspirations. What is it you want the camera to do for you.

I will buy the camera from the USA, maybe on amazon.

I have some experience with photography. I studied photography for 2 years as part of my graphic design degree (4semesters of beginners courses, studio and advanced). I need it for school now and for my future projects as well as normal usage--traveling, etc.

I would like it to have hd video capabilities with sound if my price tag allows it... I'm clearly not focusing on video but it's a nice feature to have...

Thanks!

Nikon D5200 with its kit lens sounds around your price range, excellent camera!!!

I bought Nikon D3300, doing good photos, but i am amateur in photography

Enough for a used Canon 5D on eBay - with the "nifty fifty" (i.e. 50mm f1.8) ! :)

P.s.: I just realized, I shouldnt joke around in a newbie thread when the newbie might not know I'm joking. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
used/refurbished d7000 with kit lens.

I can't recommend strongly enough that you go handle a couple of these cameras if there's any way you can do so. The control layouts are going to be different from one camera to the next, and even though Canon & Nikon share a family resemblance as you move from one model to the next, one of the things both lines have in common is that the higher-end cameras, typically being a little larger than entry-level cameras, tend to provide more dedicated controls & buttons for all the stuff you're going to have to manipulate when you're shooting.

It's great to compare spec sheets on these cameras, and that stuff is certainly relevant to your decision, but if you ask me, ergonomics matter a ton because if your camera's got features you wind up not using because they're a pain to find in the menu, or you miss shots because you can't change settings quickly enough, the features are sort of worthless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back