A few B&W for the critics (56k'll take all day)

Libblo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd love to hear what you guys think.

DSC_0637e.jpg

DSC_0638e.jpg

DSC_0642e.jpg

DSC_0657.jpg

DSC_0663e.jpg

DSC_0670e.jpg

I definatly agree with WimFoto...my first impression was a big lack of contrast to make the shapes stand out and more interesting. They look very flat.

As is, only the 4th draws my eye, the others i just glance over.

Wow, i have to applaud you not only of finding the subject, but creating more pictures out of it, i agree that the contrast should be changed a little more, i might actually go into lightroom right now and do it for you, 2 sec.

before
DSC_0638e.jpg
after
4103680236_5cacaf8a74_o.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys.
I agree that the contrast is a little light. Heavyier contrast would probably make better prints. The first few were overexposed on purpose so that the scuplter would fade well into the sky.

Bigtwinky - does pic 3 do nothing for your eyes? There is a lot of nothing going on in the picture and could a better crop and a bit more focal length (while taking the picture) but its so abstract that my mind runs in loops while looking at it. I agree that the last picture is the strongest. I just had a critique in class on these (different pictures of same subject) and i had the same problem in the dark room (making them pop). They were also a little light on contrast.

Inst!nct - thanks for the edit. I kinda like the richer contrast but... Its a little to blue for black and white. maybe a saturation edit would fix this. I also think that for this picture the contrast is a little much because of the over exposed nature of the shot. Thanks for spending the time to show me what you think.

Thanks guys its always a good feeling gathering other peoples constructive opinions. Oh and i forgot to mention these have no post processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back