A few from the Zoo

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I got over to the Toronto zoo today, bright and early. Big mistake. Most of the animals were as exciting as watchin paint dry. The tigers were not even out, and the keeper said they were locked inside, cause they were "stressed" :confused: But I managed to get a few shots before the crowds got there.

140_4083pf.JPG

...if they could only speak....wonder what he would be saying.

141_4120aa.JPG

..draining the ear of some water.

141_4118pf.JPG

....'what no spoon?

141_4122aa.JPG

...."ya wanna hear a good one.......this horse walks into a bar, and steps up to order a drink. The bartender looks at him and say...."Hey...why the long face".........oh I kill me"

141_4102pf.JPG

brilliant shots bro!

I am dying to go over there for a visit, but Daisy won't last the walk from the parking lot.. do they have golf carts for women carrying?? lol

love the butterfly a ton! smoking shot!

Looks like you got some great shots. I love the second one.

When I went to the Houston Zoo a staff member was monitoring the behavior of one of the tigers. Apparently he has a nervous pacing habit. Who knew that tigers were so easy to stress out!

nice shots Chiller :D
brilliant colors and clarity in the first! i love the capture :D
#2 is a very cool portrait
the last one is just hilarious :lol:

nice work :D :thumbsup:

Excellent work chiller! Super sharp on that first shot. Looks like a skeleton butterfly :lol:
Love the polar bear too. and that is the wonkiest lookin giraffe I ever saw (like I've seen so many) :mrgreen:

man chiller, you can take the best zoo picks...when i go, i dont see anything this cool...you just are at the right place at the right time...love the butterfly shot... its great...the detail of the wings are just great...but the polar bear shot is really excellent...

had to laugh over the giraff....but you can see her eyelashes..and a hole in her ear...possibly for jewelery??? ( ^^ is wonky good?? that must be a canadian phrase, right??)

good job....your skill is unbelievable.....i can only hope to get to your level....

Ah well, we have several brilliant (Canadian) zoo photographers on this board. But you, Chiller, certainly are among them.

Yes, the thoughtful face of the Orang Utan does make you think what he might be thinking, right? No wonder the Indonesian people called him "Man from the Woods".

The butterfly photo has the loveliest colours.
I happened to be in the zoo yesterday at last, yay!, (WITH all the crowds, mind, but the tiger was out [!], only behind glass - bummer! :(...) and now know how hard it is to get a good butterfly photo. Dang! Most of mine were blurred...

Polar bears there were none... but girafs. I managed to get one nice one of those, too, but none as funny as yours ;).

Yes, now that you have put up your zoo pics, I might think about putting up some of mine, too, once I have scraped together the courage I need to do so. ;)

I just love the first Chiller! So sharp and the composition is great! The last is definitely hilarious too! What do they put in the water at that zoo? :lol:

great shots chiller, sharp, love the composition of #4, and that gurning giraffe is so funny, nice work.

WOW !!!
Fantastic shots.
#1 is unbelievable.

Thanks everbody for the awesome comments and compliments. I really appreciate them all.
Raymond...there is the Zoomobile at the zoo that you and Daisy can take. It stops at 5 or 6 different locations, so it could save her a bit of walking
Aoide....I was wondering about that stress thing too. They dont have any pressure except lay there and look good.
Aprilraven...I think wonky is a Canadian word....eh?
LaFoto...Look forward to seeing your zoo shots. The butterfly pavillion at the Toronto zoo has so many that they land on you. It is quite the sight to see.
Amanda....Im thinking cause the zoo is about 10 minutes from the Pickering Nuclear station, they might be a little more in the water they we think. Just look at our coloured crows :lmao:

Thank you again to everybody for the really cool compliments. :headbang:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back