A few self portraits

LeSueur24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got bored once again today and decided to shoot some pictures of myself.
2346662010_86f7fd48db.jpg

2345828987_a44e65498e.jpg

I wish I had framed this differently, instead of being right in the center of the picture. Oh well.
2346656470_1e4fb3f62d.jpg

This was difficult to set up, took about 4 tries to get perfect. Each time I had to set the 10 second timer on my camera and run and climb as fast as I could so I could get positioned in time :lol:. The neighbor probably thought I was insane.

Edit: And now I just realized that I have the exact same pose/expression in the first 2. Guess that shows my real character huh? :D

I like the transition between 1 & 2, and then 3 seams out of place. Must have been a fun one though!

i really dislike the shadow on your chest in the 3rd image.

what did you use for lighting?

and your shoelaces are VERY blue.

It seems you've sharped them a lot.
The second one is good, but the light is different... I mean you and a background are little bit not in a "harmony", though I still like this shot :)

And my fav. one is the last one. Great job! ;)

Spiffybeth - I'm using one 430ex off camera, which was directly in front of me and probably 4 feet below me. I can see what you mean about the shadow, not much I could've done about it :(. And I don't know why the shoelaces came out that blue, they're actually purple :-|.

Arhy - No sharpening done at all, they were raw files, so of course raw editing was done and then I did a little bit of shadows and high pass stuff. And I know exactly what you mean about the second one, it looks as if I pasted myself in.

Buy an umbrella. That give you a softer light and the shadows won't be so harsh. Better yet. Put your 430 behind a big white bed sheet.

i Like how you "stand out" in the woods.
Its amazing how off camera flashes really can produce some cool pics.

2nd pic is ace - the lighting is perfect and the shadow thrown onto your face is a tad menacing with the stare!
you have balls for shooting these - id never put my ugly face on film/memory card!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back