Abandoned II

luckydog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cracked-lenz.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
comments please! I've been busy while i've been away :)

22497031-O.jpg

22497032-O.jpg

This is a lovely series you've been working on. Out of the two photo's here, I prefer the second one. In the first, the focus doesn't seem to be on the doll - more on the branches to the left.

Great DOF on the second shot and again, with both, the contrast and exposure are spot on.

^agreed. nice contrast and exposure, too. would like to see the second one have a bit more of a wide angle shot so as to see more of the surrounding area, so it seems more alone. i like these far better than your other abandoned shot.

thebeginning said:
^agreed. nice contrast and exposure, too. would like to see the second one have a bit more of a wide angle shot so as to see more of the surrounding area, so it seems more alone. i like these far better than your other abandoned shot.

i agree - good suggestion!

These two, and of these especially the second, are much more touching than the teddy bear photo and I would think it is because the doll is damaged, missing one leg. And it is dirty. It could be a photo going with a report on rape - the doll representing all the little victims there are. I think I would accept the second for that purpose without any further changes to it.

(My children - including my 16-year-old!!!! - felt sorrier for the teddy bear though and said "Hey, how can anyone throw it away????" Personally, I felt it was a little staged, and will happily tell them that this teddy bear, grubby as it may be, still belongs to someone!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back