Abandoned Places

5. Livestock auction house (redneck version of the mental ward hallway shot?)
auction01py6.png

I lol'd!!! Poor man's asylum hallway....:lmao:

More incredible shots, mate. Keep em comin!

I had another visit to the Sozzled Sausage and took some more pictures, here's one of the ones I've posted in that thread:

dscn1485sm1.jpg

@Bradster - love those Italiante pics, looks like a place frozen in time. I bet it was tempting to take that old radio home with you and try plugging it in to see if it still works!

@Bradster - love those Italiante pics, looks like a place frozen in time. I bet it was tempting to take that old radio home with you and try plugging it in to see if it still works!

haha, you know it! That thing HAS to be worth something....even though I wouldn't sell it. I would just keep it, clean it up and run it every now and again to keep it from locking up; like a car. But it was in pristine condition, like the owners just got up and left.

The story behind this place is deep in mystery, however I was able to get some insite on it. It is on an abandoned Army/Airforce base, and started as an on-base hospital. Then became a bio-testing facility for soldiers coming home from the Cold War. Well, then they determined that most of them were suffering from PTSS (Post Traumatic Stress Syndrom), and made it a mental facility. I can't find some of the other recent photos I took, which included a straight jacket and restraining bed. Still has the interior intact, including the BYOGN and birthing areas, however, the morgue is not on site. Here's a few:

1. Mental patient room:
NewImagep.jpg

NewImagej.jpg

3. Very old poster.
NewImagei.jpg

4. Dental stuff. Ouch..
NewImageh.jpg

NewImaged.jpg

NewImage3.jpg

TY for looking, cheers!

I've been exploring for over 7 years now, and have been to some amazing places. Prisons, factories, power plants, over 30 asylums/hospitals, and any other type of abandonment you can think of. It's what i do....

1 Coal Breaker and the conveyor from the mine
IMG_6206.jpg

2. Maximum Security Ward: CT State Hospital

IMG_6038.jpg

3. Escaping A long island asylum

IMG_5975.jpg

4. Nighttime at a city power plant

IMG_5944.jpg

5. Jet Engine Test Cell

IMG_5912.jpg

6. Asylum Buildings

IMG_5438.jpg

7. Asylum Theater

IMG_5425.jpg

8. Slide at an old children's asylum

IMG_5880.jpg

9. Power Plant Controls

IMG_5773.jpg

10. Police Athletic League Building

IMG_5644.jpg

11. Asylum Dentist Equipment

IMG_5479.jpg

12. Wheelchair In The Underground Tunnels At CT State Hospital

IMG_5453.jpg

a few group shots...

Ghostly Workers
ever hang out in an abandoned power plant that's actively being worked in?
l_f6df099b63134710260cfde4e4261b40.jpg

Bethlehem STEEEEEL, pa
Look for it in the upcoming transformers movie...

l_9f95df95790c81231304a750a915bacd.jpg

Not bored, tired

l_dca6e289e33e44f7127a74d38015ece6.jpg

Checking out the river...

l_7aa39c34990d8a8ef4f667dd8241e35f.jpg

i could go on forever......

*I've been exploring for over 7 years now, and have been to some amazing places. Prisons, factories, power plants, over 30 asylums/hospitals, and any other type of abandonment you can think of. It's what i do....*

Same here, bro. Going on 14 yrs for me, been in everything you can think of, and chased off of! lol. TY for the great work! :thumbup:

So, I put in about 300 miles on Rocinante, my motorcycle (YES, I name my vehicles), today. I dragged along The Other Eye (YES, I named my camera, too).

While wandering through Southern Wisconsin, I stopped a few times as things caught my eye. The best shots from the trip were of abandoned places.

There are eleven that I'd like to share, so I'll break them up into separate posts to make them easier to manage in terms of critique and commentary (which I truly do love to receive!).

Nice stuff, see you been moving around Pugs :wink: That last house looks really cool, also near a road. But it does look like someone's been inside. lol, don't you hate a abandoned site, and then notice it has freshly mowed grass??? That pisses me off, dammit! :lol:

In fact, yesterday I found two cool explores and even with not a single "no tress..." or "posted" sign, the grass was mowed. I was like WTF? Eh, I'll just have to Git R Done.

Nice stuff, see you been moving around Pugs :wink: That last house looks really cool, also near a road. But it does look like someone's been inside. lol, don't you hate a abandoned site, and then notice it has freshly mowed grass??? That pisses me off, dammit! :lol:

In fact, yesterday I found two cool explores and even with not a single "no tress..." or "posted" sign, the grass was mowed. I was like WTF? Eh, I'll just have to Git R Done.

Uh... I'm not sure what you mean by this, but... Thanks! I think...

And, to be perfectly honest, I didn't notice the mowed lawn at all! And here phototgraphers are supposed to be observant and notice details...

There was a "for sale" sign in front of that last farmhouse so that would explain the manicured grass. The building itself, though, did have a kind of magic to it that I'm not sure that I captured well at all. Overall, I am pleased with the images, especially number 8. There's something lacking that I'm having trouble identifying...

Untitled-2%20scopy.jpg

The final breath of Typhoid Mary was taken in this Quarantine hospital

Im to skeered to go there!!

Deadeye, great shot! I love this pic, especially the composition.

And thank you, looking at your shot made me realize what I'm missing: detail in the sky. In mine, clouds are visible, but on just so. The sky is, for the most part, washed out in mine. Wonderful detail in the clouds on yours!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back