Aboriginal genocide rally, June 24, 2010, 11:00 am

That was funny, Bitter...Orly who? My name is Domingo R. Rodriguez. I am the designated officer in charge of Granma.cu here in Toronto. I translate all English newspapers in Spanish and transmit them to Granma, official newspaper of Cuba. ..Como esta, amigo? Jeweler? YOu should see the high tech gadgets given to me by Fidel Castro..Alienware computer, Lenovo computer, another Apple Mcintosh computer..One Hasselblad...One Shen Hao 4x5 and so many many more ..together with a designated driver-bodyguard..
And you were afraid to "put your life in danger" by taking pictures of the protesters getting hosed down by the police?

That was funny, Bitter...Orly who? My name is Domingo R. Rodriguez. I am the designated officer in charge of Granma.cu here in Toronto. I translate all English newspapers in Spanish and transmit them to Granma, official newspaper of Cuba. ..Como esta, amigo? Jeweler? YOu should see the high tech gadgets given to me by Fidel Castro..Alienware computer, Lenovo computer, another Apple Mcintosh computer..One Hasselblad...One Shen Hao 4x5 and so many many more ..together with a designated driver-bodyguard..
And you were afraid to "put your life in danger" by taking pictures of the protesters getting hosed down by the police?

I am torn between two colliding forces...The murderous Maoists and the hypercritical parliamentarian commies on one hand...and the police state on the other...

I think I just peed my pants.

The photo suffers from technical and compositional issues.

On the technical side, the image is underexposed. The whites look grey and the darks look a bit washed out. There also seems to be a lack of focus and sharpness in the image.

On the composition side, I'm unsure if this is a bad candid portrait of a stranger or a boring photojournalistic shot. If its a portrait, the center framing is not flattering, cutting her limbs where you did is not good, and I would of preferred her looking more towards the camera. If its a photojournalistic piece, it tells nothing of what the story is behind the image. I dont know who this person is or what she is there for.

Close up shots like this in PJ are the key shots that tell some emotion. If you can't get emotion from the shot, zoom out and get some of the area around and use it as a setting shot.

I thought I remembered your prior posts and you were the one that posted an image of "beautiful girl on a Harley" but the image was only someone's head. Learn to zoom out and capture more of the scene. Also learn the basics of capturing a sharp and well exposed image.

theres some good advice in here. and also some lulz indeed.

was this shot with your castro supplied hassy?

No! I don't use them. "Benefiting from or making use of the fruits or proceeds from Castro's warchest is a crime." Obama made use of it by using them to sustain his anti-corporate activism and his Harvard schooling...Clinton also made use of them..As such, he was dictated to influence the Elian Gonzales case...I don't use them. It lies rotten in the basement..

Last edited:
attachment.php

They're aboriginals, Rusty. They were protesting the genocide of 300 aboriginals or Indians in Nunavut and Yellowknife, Canada. I went there to take pictures. They marched on the way to G20 summit, three blocks away from Queen's Park where the Parliament resides. When the firetrucks started trickling in, I went to the nearest subway station, rode the train and went home. I don't know what happened. They were probably hosed with water or tear gassed. Obama was there too. Periodista/fotografo para granma.cu
I saw this protest as well, when it was proceeding along Queen and turning up Bay. It was very peaceful. The natives had their own security people as part of the march, and of course there was a large police presence keeping a watchful eye, as the City is chock full of police at the moment due to the upcoming G20 summit. There was no tear gassing or water hosing involved. And I don't believe Obama was in town yet. I think he only gets here today, after the G8 up in Huntsville.

I saw this protest as well, when it was proceeding along Queen and turning up Bay. It was very peaceful. The natives had their own security people as part of the march, and of course there was a large police presence keeping a watchful eye, as the City is chock full of police at the moment due to the upcoming G20 summit. There was no tear gassing or water hosing involved. And I don't believe Obama was in town yet. I think he only gets here today, after the G8 up in Huntsville.

if you would have taken a picture would you have been as feerful as the OP?

I was taking pics, on my point and shoot. (I came across the protest when I was out for a walk at lunchtime). My cardreader at work isn't working (and I just bought it last night!), or else I would have posted a pic. Many many people were taking pictures, on cellphones, PnS cameras, slr's etc. I was not afraid in the least to take pictures, nor was anyone else.

As a side note, the native protesters were apparently told by their organizers 'no masks, no bandanas', as that is something native protesters often wear when protesting. A more radical faction (just a few people in number) did go to some of the security fencing that is in place for the G20 summit, and urge people to breach the fencing. Those particular protesters did have bandanas on their faces...perhaps because they were urging an action that would likely get them arrested if they were to do it. I don't believe anyone actually tried to breach the fencing.

No! I don't use them. "Benefiting from or making use of the fruits or proceeds from Castro's warchest is a crime." Obama made use of it by using them to sustain his anti-corporate activism and his Harvard schooling...Clinton also made use of them..As such, he was dictated to influence the Elian Gonzales case...I don't use them. It lies rotten in the basement..

well im all for all that **** youre talking about...send it to me...i'll use it.
oh and if you would, please buy a digital back for it. that will make my life easier.
kthxbai.:hugs:

YOu should see the high tech gadgets given to me by Fidel Castro

You should ask for a calender.
Then you could fix the date on your camera. The exif says 2009 not 2010.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back