Action shot girl with pistol

Why is she wearing ear protection outdoor??? Such a pistol makes no big noise at all in an open field. Did you add the background with Photoshop?
Are you serious? The question is not why is she wearing ear protection but why is she NOT wearing eye protection as well. Not wearing hearing and eye protection when shooting is just plain foolish. Every shooting venue, pistol, rifle, shotgun, whatever, all require both eye and ear protection for shooters AND spectators. Hearing damage builds over time, the more you shoot the more damage there is. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever NOT to wear hearing protection and every reason TO wear it.

As mentioned.. try the JUST FOR FUN forum.... no critique allowed!

And I also agree about the booze and guns... stupid and dangerous mixture!

Are you serious? The question is not why is she wearing ear protection but why is she NOT wearing eye protection as well. Not wearing hearing and eye protection when shooting is just plain foolish. Every shooting venue, pistol, rifle, shotgun, whatever, all require both eye and ear protection for shooters AND spectators. Hearing damage builds over time, the more you shoot the more damage there is. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever NOT to wear hearing protection and every reason TO wear it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: And what about bulge protection? I've been a hunter for almost 20 years and nobody uses ear, eyes, nose or knees protection, my skittish friend.

:lol: :lol: :lol: And what about bulge protection? I've been a hunter for almost 20 years and nobody uses ear, eyes, nose or knees protection, my skittish friend.
Only 20 years? I've been shooting and hunting (although most of my hunting has been with cameras) for nearly FIFTY years. When you hunt how many rounds a day do you fire? A half dozen if you're lucky. Shooting pistol competition we would frequently shoot a hundred rounds a match, and we frequently shot two matches a week. I did that for six years. I've shot nearly every rifle and pistol caliber made except for a 50BMG or 455 Casull. And my hearing is proof that I should have started using hearing protection long before I did. Skittish, no. Walking proof, yes!

Why is she wearing ear protection outdoor??? Such a pistol makes no big noise at all in an open field. Did you add the background with Photoshop?

^^^absolutely agrees with this. used to spend a LOT of time with friends out in the woods shooting with our ATV's, dirtbikes, and 4-wheel drive trucks. alcohol was NEVER even brought out to the woods. always used eye and ear protection. even outdoors, you would be amazed how loud my .30 carbine pistol was. :wink:

I have hearing issues today.. due mostly to shooting with no hearing protection (some rock concerts may have added to the problem too!) I have also seen people struck by shrapnel from targets, while shooting... so eye protection is always a good idea! Had a friend catch a sliver of lead in his cheek, while at a outdoor range. The guy next to him was shooting an old revolver that was out of alignment, and shaved lead every time he fired. Luckily it was his cheek, and not his eyes, right?

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of drinking, driving ATV/s and shooting without adequate protection, the end point is that one or more of these activities has confused the OP about the quality of this image.

Without getting into the rights and wrongs of drinking, driving ATV/s and shooting without adequate protection, the end point is that one or more of these activities has confused the OP about the quality of this image.

very good point, Lew!

I think the problem with the pic is that the OP thinks it's great and has laughed off any feedback related to it. The minute I saw that I realized offering comments was a waste of time.

Seems OP is just as open to commentary on gun safety concern as photography ones. I see a trend. Best to bail out and just remember the person's position going forward.

I think the problem with the pic is that the OP thinks it's great and has laughed off any feedback related to it. The minute I saw that I realized offering comments was a waste of time.

Seems OP is just as open to commentary on gun safety concern as photography ones. I see a trend. Best to bail out and just remember the person's position going forward.
You are right, my friend. I'm outta here.

to get back on topic, I would try a little cropping. forget the smoke. crop out the right side to just past the gun, and the top down to just above her head. make the pic a little tighter and it might give it a better overall impression. the gun smoke is too faint to really make it a focus point. honestly, I don't think the pic is a total loss. just my opinion though.

"drunken fun with four wheelers, cameras and guns :lmao:"

Ahhh...wrong emoticon methinks... where is the little tombstone emoticon?

As a shooter, and a responsible adult who has made it to almost 50 years of age...I HAVE TO say...drunken fun + cameras is cool...but drunken fun + four wheelers or drunken fun + guns...is frickin' stoooopid. I hope you make it out of your twenties alive. As to the photo: the background trees look like too much noise reduction has been applied, or that maybe this was a cellphone grab. Hard to tell.

I would agree with some of the others that it might work in another thread. I wouldn't call it a snapshot it's more than that. I would suggest that you learn from the others who comment on you pictures. I would also suggest that you checkout their website links. It will give you an idea of what their skill levels are and what kind of images they produce.

Can't disagree with that! ;) I believe you are correct! :)

Don't forget tripod in background... that's the 4th part.
Good eye! These were just shot for fun, this was not a paid assignment, it was more like a bunch of drunken fun with four wheelers, cameras and guns :lmao:

I occasionally, every year or two, work as a range officer on large calibre shooting championships. Alcohol and guns are not a tolerable combination at all.

Most reactions

Back