Affordable Nikon

Maxx640

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello,
I have just bought a Nikon F4 body for tough wear and tear conditions. Can anybody advise me a cheap 50 mm autofocus lens for it. There are so many Nikon lenses on Ebay that I don't really know what to search for!

Cheers,

Maxim

I would go ahead and get the 50mm f1.8 AF-D new because if you are going to be rough on it, the US version has (or had anyway) a 5 year warranty. They are inexpensive at $110 or so. BTW did you get the optional flint with your F4? ;)

mike

You do mention AF, but you also mention tough conditions. One of those cheap Nikon's 50mm, which are just great, is going to be plastic. I'm afraid you won't find a cheap one as tough as the F4. So what's more important, AF or resistence?

If the latter is the case and so you're willing to leave AF, get an older Nikkor. You'll find one for less than $100

I'll look around. The 50 MM doesn't have to be AF. I'm thinking of getting an AF fish-eye for sports photo later (skiing). But for now, just need a basic 50.

Max

An AI will work fine on an F4, I was thinking that unless the damage is obvious that you could have the lens repaired under warranty for 5 years if you get a new US version. No lens is going to be as tough as your F4 though. ;)

mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back