Alberta (Calgary) Meetup

Shucks, sorry that it isn't looking like you will be able to make it rubbertree. Thanks for pointing out the information on the expo, looks like it is something very worth while going to!

I think the zoo will be a great place. I just looked up on their site and it looks like they will be closed the day before for Zoogala so it might be a bit busier then usual but that shouldn't be too big of a deterrent.

I looked online for Calgary events on the 13th but can't seem to come across anything (their's a business conference downtown apparently! ;)) I will keep checking closer to the date.

As for indoor locations nothing is really popping into my head at the moment. Anyone else have ideas?

As for models I like that idea. Anyone want to volunteer? ;) Err.. I could ask around and see if any of my friends want to volunteer but I have a feeling I know what the response will be.

Oh! Should aslo ask how big of a get together do we want this to be? If we decide to go for supper as well later we might want to make reservations depending on the number. Where in the city (generally) is everyone located? I am south of Calgary.

I've got a cousin in Calgary, who is into the theater scene...she could probably dig us up some volunteer models if need be. If we do decide to get some models, we should plan for some time at a location other than the zoo...maybe just downtown but anywhere 'cool' would be good.

I'm obviously north of Calgary but I will probably stay with family...I'll have the choice of deep south end of Calgary or further south in Okotoks.

I'm working at the Expo for a display by the Camera Store :p Nice thought though Rubbertree.

An indoor location could be the Devonian Gardens, but they require permits to do any professional photography in it. A gaggle of photographers may get their panties in a twist, so to speak.

I won't be able to attend the zoo on that day, unless I ask to get off early. I'll look into that tomorrow perhaps. But if I can't, I still say you all need to come pay me a visit at the store, especially those who have never been there. It's a great camera shop after all :D

Anyway, I'll look into getting some of that day off, but I've already booked off some days just before and just after, so may not be able to.

Tell Rob to let you off, or I won't buy any more camera equipment from him! :lmao:

If that doesn't work, tell him I may take my business to Vistek! :lol:
Noooooooooo :p

Rob doesn't deligate time off, Julian does. I didn't look into it today, but will find out tomorrow. (Was kinda busy today)

Cyber, how often you in the store? :)

Mike just pointed this out too me, if I'm not on the road working I would love to be part of this.

Okay time for roll call!

Definitely
Peanuts
mack1time
Speedtrap
Cyber Surfer
H0llywood
Big Mike
Terri Walsh

Maybes
Tolyk (later in the day possibly)
Dubious Drewski
Jack lumber

I have been thinking of an indoor venue in case the weather is grotty, but nothing comes to mind.
The Calgary zoo has a lot of indoor exhibits, but probably not enough for a full days shooting. Its looking like I will be heading up north next week to work, so unless I happen to be on a turnaround on the 13th, the meet will be a washout, grrr
work gets in the way of all the fun things.

That's too bad Bob, I hope you somehow manage to make it out.

We should plan another mountain meet up, next spring.

Okay, I tried to book the day off, but it was already claimed. So, will have to get together with you all after work hours.

OK Phew, for a minute I thought I missed it!
Nice to hear about the Expo too, looks interesting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back