Alexandria bridge

negative

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Here is a shot of the Alexandria bridge in Ottawa, Canada taken at f10 15sec. Comments and criticism are welcome.

bridge1.jpg

v.nice photo like the reflections of the water, however i dont like the mist in the background if it was clearer i think it would be nicer... good job tho

I agree, I don't like the way it gets hazy. I would like to at least have the entire bridge in focus. Would more depth of field help this shot?

thats stunning, and i like the haziness oddley enough! its the kinda dramatic pic i could see in a physics book illustrating humanities vast abilities and advancements in architecture, but never in real life (well that might just be cause bridges where i live suck)

negative said:
Comments and criticism are welcome.

This is a too general desire for critique, while the GUIDELINES for this Photo Critique Forum (a sticky, always at the top of this forum's index!) clearly say something different.

I will therefore have to move your post to the General Gallery ... not without saying that this is a very well exposed night photo!

I get a film noir, urban wasteland/apocalyptic feel from this photo. No cars visitable, or any sign of movement. The haze gives it an industrial feel to it. The horizon/sky, and general color pallete reminds me of videos from the Ivy Mike thermonuclear shot.

I like this photo a lot.

What do you think better composition or worse?

Picture391.jpg

I like the first better, because of the reflection in the water. :) Beautiful night shots though. I've always wanted to visit Ottawa!

I think you had it in the first shot. For that picture, I think the debate was personal preference points.

The second image doesn't have a feel to it, though it's well exposed. It looks more like "a picture of a bridge," although it's an excellent picture of a bridge. You are taking a picture OF the bridge, versus using the bridge as a creative element of your picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back