An eye for photography...

R6_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*just thinking out loud here*

If you were placed in an area outside of what you are used to (photography wise), distractions (you define what that means to you) everywhere, and were forced to take a great picture how would you set yourself up to take a great shot?

What would you look for? What steps would you take?

Just trying to get some ideas from others though process.

I would probably start by trying to figure out a way to make the distractions work for my picture. Then look for a way to set up a good composition. Or maybe get up high and take a picture of everything with a wide DOF.

If you were placed in an area outside of what you are used to (photography wise), distractions (you define what that means to you) everywhere, and were forced to take a great picture how would you set yourself up to take a great shot?

I would probably start by trying to figure out a way to make the distractions work for my picture. Then look for a way to set up a good composition. Or maybe get up high and take a picture of everything with a wide DOF.

I would start by looking for strong lines and shapes. I am going to be putting myself in this kind of situation on Friday actually, I am headed to Boston to roam around the city and take pics which I have never done before so it should be interesting to see what I get.

I would start by looking for strong lines and shapes. I am going to be putting myself in this kind of situation on Friday actually, I am headed to Boston to roam around the city and take pics which I have never done before so it should be interesting to see what I get.

Great, make sure you post your results.

I really like single subject shots myself. I guess because im just starting out and its easier at the moment. So i would probably look for the most interesting stationary objects first and focus on them. I think too many distractions would just overwhelm me at this point. :er:

I personally would look for the nicest unusual lighting, then search within the lighting to find a nice subject... ;)

I hike a lot. Usually there is no pressure to 'make' a great shot. But sometimes something catches my eye and then I will work from several angles.

Sunlight, shades, shadows, shapes...all things to consider.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back