Anna and the Roses

SpaceNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Haven't posted in awhile. I was taking pictures of roses while visiting my sister in Missouri. My great-grandniece, Anna, wanted me to take a picture of her. So here she is. C/C welcome. Thanks for looking!

Anna-6353.jpg

Cute girl. She is so innocent looking!

You really need to tighten up on the DOF reigns in shots like this.

I think its a cute shot but would look better if it was a close-up portrait. My eyes keep looking down at her sneakers instead of her.

Thanks for the input. I agree about the sneakers and that's the kind of critique I was looking for. I didn't notice the sneakers at first.

Per suggestion from OldNavy, here are two closer cropped versions. Your favorite is ..........

Anna-6353-crop.jpg

Anna-6353-crop2.jpg

i personally like the first full length shot

I like the first shot as well. Its nice to see the personality and character of the person, and I think her shoes help tell us that story.

I agree, I think that the shoes are part of the whole "take a picture of me" aspect of it, that's how she looked when she wanted her photo taken and that's how I think she should be portrayed. Sometimes things like this are a personal opinion.

Thanks for the input. I agree that the shoes are part of the picture and that it is an opinion. It's nice to have the opinions of others.

Marian... I don't think it can be. It has a great chance at an 8x14. (I played with it a bit). Hopefully there is some room on the sides in the original.

She is a real cutie. I think for a spur of the moment shot- it is good. I do liked the cropped versions as well. She has such a cute expression on her face.

Yes, she is a real cutie. I'm glad I took the photo. I am also happy about the input from all of you. It gives me some direction for future photos. I decided that I, too, like the original post. Shoes in the picture are part of the picture (at least in this case).

But the first thing I noticed was that the blanket she has is exactly the same as one our daughter had. It was lost earlier this year and as we are up in Canada it is just a weird coincidence.

The crops are good, but personally I like the first image best.

Cheers,
SMG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back