Another Newbie

monkeyknifefight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm sure everybody's got a different story on how they wound up behind the lens, mine starts specifically with the crappiest point and shoot cameras on the market. Yeah, I know, there are no bad cameras only bad photographers but the quality and construction of these babies was the worst. Anyway, I'm a pretty active person and happen to live in one of only a handful of places on the planet where a guy has day trip access access to great fishing, diving, surf, snow, mountain biking, backpacking, kayaking and general boating. I started dragging a camera around with me as a way to take shots of some of the unique scenes and events I get exposed to while on my ventures....also as a way to increase my participation on the other forums I participate on. Somewhere along the line I started to develop a further appreciation for the lifestyle and now want to advance from quick capture snapshots to more expressive photographs. Photographs that I can hang on my office wall to stare at and let me escape for a bit while I'm chained to my desk paying the bills. So I guess this is just a long way to say, hey guys I just bought a Nikon D90 and am ready to shoot. :D

So far I've only had the camera out once (stock glass, Auto, no tripod, jpegs....lol, I know I know, never again). C&C appreciated.

DSC_003613.jpg

(I've always loved grainy b&w surfshots, they epitomize the cold foggy norcal surf experience)

DSC_01205.jpg

DSC_01007.jpg

DSC_01025.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back