Any Comments/Advice Appreciated

The prime lenses (50MM, etc... ) are great for portraits and a great lens to learn with. Zoom lenses are great for portraits as well and can produce great results but usually require a tripod for best results. Your photos are good, have to agree would like to see a shallower depth of field to reduce background distractions. Maybe boost the saturation a *tad :thumbup:

I def. wanna get a prime. its been on the list for awhile now, I just need to step up and get it. It would really help with that depth of field. I could have come down on the aperture value some but I was a bit uneasy about going too low. A heavily blurred background would have been great in a few of them though for sure.

Now that you have a starter I think you need to go step up to a really nice course with a little better scenery. Try shooting at different angles instead of straight on, I would definitely try this to hide his bad posture.

If I were you I would also check out professional pictures of Tiger or any formidable pro to maybe get some ideas and get the gears goin in the mind?

Lastly, I think you need to bring out colors like people pointed out. It makes the course look a little lower quality when is has warm colors instead of bright vibrant colors. Hope that helps!

What angles could I try to hide the posture?

I def. think thats a great idea about trying to look at some pro's ways of standing. I just told him to do some things that he normally did when playiing.

How can I bring out the colors? Minor saturation addition?

Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back