Anyone is watching the Oscars, today?

so-excited-not.jpg

45 minutes to the 87th Academy Awards. Are you excited!

Dude, they are people playing pretend in front of a camera. Not exactly rocket scientists.

And yet, making a sh!t ton more money than rocket scientists. And somehow this makes them more important. Cannot.Roll.Eyes.Hard.Enough.

I understand there are some that work very hard at what they do. I also have to admire those that have been able to stay out of the tabloids and gossip columns (Michael J. Fox comes to mind) but I don't watch awards shows.

I am a very jaded person. I grew up in LA. I have worked the Academy Awards. I essentially ignored the countdown ... meh. I just finished watching the opening act ... I am engaged ... I love movies ... I love Hollywood.

Waiting for the Walking Dead to start.

The American Sniper ... The Grand Budapest Hotel ... Birdman ... The Imitation Game ... Whiplash ... Selma ... a celebration of excellence in story telling.

I'm happy that there weren't many Oscar-bait films out this year.

It also kind of annoys me that Sci-Fi never gets nominated. Interstellar deserves a nod.

Is anyone watching the Oscars, today?

Don't count on me! :biggrin:

Waiting for the Walking Dead to start.
trying to decide which is more boring.

The American Sniper ... The Grand Budapest Hotel ... Birdman ... The Imitation Game ... Whiplash ... Selma ... a celebration of excellence in story telling.

I'm happy you didn't mention Boyhood. It was awful and didn't deserve any nominations, let alone wins. especially not for Patricia Arquette's "acting".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back