are photographers above everyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding me. All I have to do is whip out my camera and I can go anywhere and women take off their clothes.
Since whipping out anything else usually earns a chuckle from them. Or should I say "whipping OAT, eh" since you are from Canada:lmao:
hey can you see the crick full of fish when you stand on the ruff of your house. We all have hill billies. We call ours newfies you call yours americans.

My crick ain't got no fish in it, but there are few canucks...:playball:

Canadian hillbilles, "You shure do have a purdy mouth eh." :lol:

Since whipping out anything else usually earns a chuckle from them. Or should I say "whipping OAT, eh" since you are from Canada:lmao:
hey can you see the crick full of fish when you stand on the ruff of your house. We all have hill billies. We call ours newfies you call yours americans.
Who said I was American? Besides, it was a joke, ease up and pull your maple leaf-embroidered flannel skivvies out of a bunch. If you make a joking comment, be prepared for a joke back. Also, my house doesn't have a "ruff" it has a lid........welcome to America:lol:.
Oh no I'm joking. Not mad at all.sorry if i came across mad

HAHA, good one

Who said I was American? Besides, it was a joke, ease up and pull your maple leaf-embroidered flannel skivvies out of a bunch. If you make a joking comment, be prepared for a joke back. Also, my house doesn't have a "ruff" it has a lid........welcome to America:lol:.
Ah ok, no biggie, I actually want to visit Canada one of these days. I hear its a lovely country, and frankly, I may end up moving there to get away from Americas mess. haha

The way I see this whole question can be answered by the late Jerry Clower from a little talk he gave to some college students at Samford University.

“You’re Fixin’ To Mess Up”

“Just recently I had the privilege of doing a show at Samford University in Birmingham, [Alabama]. Some of the young people there said, ‘Mr. Clower, what’s right and wrong?’ Tell us, we’re young people, tell us, what’s right and wrong.
Well you ask a pretty good question.

So I worked me up a rule of thumb I’d like to recommend to my own children, and to young people.

If you’re fixin’ to make a decision about what’s right and what’s wrong in your life, do you ask other people’s opinion about it? That’s a pretty good indication your fixin’ to mess up. I was getting ready for a date one night when I was a little ole boy. And I walked into the side room and I said, ‘Mama, is my shirt dirty?’ She said, ‘Son, if you’re in doubt, it’s dirty. Pull it off and getcha another.’ So if you’re fixin’ to do something, and you want to know if it’s right or not, number one: do you ask other people’s opinion about it?

Number two: do you argue with yourself? Man, I have spent a million mile on the highway arguing with Jerry about I oughta do a certain thing and I knew in my heart, I was lying. So if you’re arguin’ with yourself, pretty good indication you should not do it.

Number three: do you feel uneasy when you do it? Had ya just as soon for somebody not see you doin’ what it is you’d done decided is alright for you to do?

And Number four: Can you give thanks and say ‘Lord, I thank ya for providing this for me.’? Alright, you’d done made up your mind: you’re gonna do it. The Bible says, give thanks for all things. So when you do it, can ya say ‘Lord, thank ya for providing this for me. And I some kinda thank ya, for fixin’ it where I can commit to what it is I’m doin.’?

What is right or wrong?, Do you ask other people?, Do you aruge with yourself?, Do you feel uneasy when you do it?, Can ya give thanks and say ‘Lord, I thank ya for providing this for me.’? If you can’t, you better watch out…You’re fixin’ to mess up.”

My personal and honest opinion is that if there are warning signs and ropes, obey the law. As somebody who used to cross ropes myself, I plead you guys to do the same. I'm speaking from personal experience: once, while hiking in Bryce Canyon, Utah, I passed a warning sign without heed and fell off the path into a shallow gorge. Yes, it might have been tons worse, but it is certainly an apt warning. Before any of you suffer an accident, please don't! If not for the environment, then don't cross the line for your own safety. A chance of broken bones is not worth that stunning picture behind those roped off areas.

I get the models climbing dangerous rocks and fences. I dont! :D

HAHA, good one
Ah ok, no biggie, I actually want to visit Canada one of these days. I hear its a lovely country, and frankly, I may end up moving there to get away from Americas mess. haha
You guys are scaring the crap out of me. That debt stuff and everything is a scary thought. The canadian economy will suffer alot if the u.s goes down.

Yeah, if we go down we're taking a lot of people with us, that's just how we roll.

Yeah, if we go down we're taking a lot of people with us, that's just how we roll.
Ha! you will never bring Sweden down, with our 60% taxation our economy is already as stale as possible :p

not saying that we are winners when paying more than half of what we earn to people who are "sick" (namely tired students who can't get out of the couch and get a job)

Ha! you will never bring Sweden down, with our 60% taxation our economy is already as stale as possible :p

not saying that we are winners when paying more than half of what we earn to people who are "sick" (namely tired students who can't get out of the couch and get a job)

We call that welfare here. :mrgreen: I'm sure there are those here that genuinely need it but I am becoming more and more convinced that they are the exception and not the rule. Our government isn't the worst out there by far but when it comes to politicians who are corrupt, ignorant, greedy, corrupt, self-important, backstabbing, corrupt, ineffective, wastes of space, America is hard to beat.

Netskimmer said:
We call that welfare here. :mrgreen: I'm sure there are those here that genuinely need it but I am becoming more and more convinced that they are the exception and not the rule. Our government isn't the worst out there by far but when it comes to politicians who are corrupt, ignorant, greedy, corrupt, self-important, backstabbing, corrupt, ineffective, wastes of space, America is hard to beat.

Welfare - what a great system! Here in Vermont you can stay on welfare for life! If you have kids the state will pay for education and training that never gets put to use. Probably half of welfare recipients are drug addicts who keep having kids so they can keep getting free money. If welfare required drug tests we would probably save millions of dollars a year. Instead we help people who don't need help and those who work and actually need help dont get it. Also, our country always seems so worried about every other country. How about helping ourselves first? Let's feed OUR hungry before feeding everyone elses. And the worst part is - we are in debt to other countries. Makes no sense. Sorry for my gibberish rant!! LOL!!!

IMO if areas are restricted and/or roped off then nobody should go in those areas. Photographers aren't the only ones who do those sorts of things either!

Ha! you will never bring Sweden down, with our 60% taxation our economy is already as stale as possible :pnot saying that we are winners when paying more than half of what we earn to people who are "sick" (namely tired students who can't get out of the couch and get a job)
You think that's bad. W have to pay so that natives can live on free land, fish with no limit, hunt for free, have their own schools and have free college education. On top of welfare.

Isn't that the mindset of the 2 groups that attacked you guys. Japanese and the middle eastern terrorists. Irony

Ha! you will never bring Sweden down, with our 60% taxation our economy is already as stale as possible :pnot saying that we are winners when paying more than half of what we earn to people who are "sick" (namely tired students who can't get out of the couch and get a job)
You think that's bad. W have to pay so that natives can live on free land, fish with no limit, hunt for free, have their own schools and have free college education. On top of welfare.

Let me get this straight, You the non indigenous peoples of Canada came in, took their lands, took their resources, took their way of life, forced them onto reserves, all with out their approval or consent, and you complain about paying them to live on fee land, fish with no limit, hunt for free, have their own schools and college education. Perhaps you might not be aware of this, but before you showed up they lived on free land, as it belonged to no one, they fished only for what they needed and took only what they needed, not for sport, they hunted and took only what they needed, not for sport, and took care of themselves, the land and did quite well for themselves in their own lands. Perhaps you should do the right thing and get the hell out and let them have their lands back to do with as they will that way you and the rest of the non indigenous Canadians won't have to pay them for what you did to them. Just a thought.

I think you need to look at the history of filipinos before you start saying my people. You also need to do research on history of british warfare.the british did way worse to the french and scottish. If the british didn't find canada the chinese would have and it would have been 100x worse. Its not stealing its warfare.
What makes me mad is you guys think canada was a utopia before the british. It wasnt it was full of warring tribes killing each other and taking slaves.
unlike you I did my research into this. I'm not gonna change your mind but remember who built the railroads and how many chinese died from it. Do they get any free stuff. Do filipinos get free stuff from the japanese and spanish?
The natives are also guilty of causing the extinction of the north american horses. They over hunted them doing with other animals so don't give me that. It wasnt until the europeans bringing the horses over that there were more horses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back