Are You Right-eyed, or Left-eyed?

Right eye ! btw whats the difference as we have to make it our own creativity in our work
I don't know that there is a difference, other than you are right or left-eyed... or ambidextrous. There's prob'ly no right or wrong-eyed. I was just curious.

Jim

Right-eyed. And right handed. But I'm left footed, and sleep on my left side. And can do everything with my left hand that I can with my right, but my writing isn't as clear if I write left handed.

I was actually thinking about this over the weekend. I was having some trouble focusing (right eye, left eye closed), so I switched to my left eye (right eye closed) and it was easier. I might have to start becoming comfortable with both eyes if the vision in my right eye is getting worse than that in my left eye. It felt a little weird, but also like something that I could probably get used to if I need.

I also tried keeping both eyes open and I found it quite distracting, at least with the camera I was using (K1000) and it didn't really make it any easier for me to focus.

I always shoot with my right eye and keep my left eye closed. I can only wink my left eye so shooting with it would require me to keep both eyes open. Have never thought to try that but will definitely do so later today.

My new Nikon D810 arrived yesterday and I still haven't been able to take it out to play with. I got this project I have to finish for a website, but I take a break ever' once in a while to pick it up and fiddle with it.

The camera is considerably heftier than my D5300, that's for sure. But it's also shaped different - higher profile viewfinder & prism, wider, with the command dial on the left and broader, flatter surface on the right. But the thing that I noticed the most is how much clearer my field of vision is holding it to my face.

I never paid much attention to the fact that I look through the viewfinder with my left eye. When I watch videos of other photographers, I noticed now that many of them use their right eye. Now, on my D5300, that might have given me a lot more to see - I tend to keep both eyes open when shooting - but I never thought to try that out. So, I been trying out both eyeballs and, I swear, I can't seem to get comfortable using my right eye. And the scope of view looks better using my left.

The screen of the D810 viewfinder is bigger and, with my left eye, I can see the photographic area and the camera information very easily. I can see, with my right eye, much of the rest of the scene - you know, in case some monster is attacking me with a hatchet from the right (if it comes at me from the left, I'm in trouble), or maybe a bird appears and I have a chance to get a shot of it.

Made me wonder about those who shoot right-eyed and how they manage. Or just why you choose the eye you do. So, clue me in. :D

Jim
I wonder if some cyclops somewhere is saying..."HUH?" :)

Most reactions

Back