Asking to know where someone is coming from, is not being arrogant

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennielou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You don't have to have a website. I'd just like it if you have a photo or two to tell me a bit about yourself before I invest in what you have to say. That is not asking too much is it?

I'm not sure how this makes me a "troll". I was only trying to warn others to maybe take a minute to check out who you are listening to. Maybe the info you are getting isn't the right info. If you knew a bit more about how the poster did things, then maybe you could agree or decide that you don't. It's hard to figure it out, when you have nothing more to go on but a bunch of typed words. We aren't in the business of words.

I did not intend to offend anyone. I just saw a lot of information that hurt me to see giving to beginner photographers. Especially when I felt those people wanted to grow beyond that. They had no way to do a quick search and see if the info they were being given was valid or not. They had no links to outside information besides what was being told to them. As a person who's been there, I know that can be really super confusing sometimes. Who to trust? Who to believe?
When a person post source files, or has some work to see, IMO it makes it easier to figure out if you are going for one type of work or another. Are you trying to achieve this look or that look? And who is just sitting behind a computer screen and typing nonsense. You wouldn't neccessarily know if you weren't more aware of who is posting what.

I know that people have a right to their opinion, and I appreciate that at any level. I just like to see where they are coming from, and if we are going in the same direction. I want to know if someone is just being mean behind a computer screen. I want to know if the poster has any experience in telling people the "best ways to do things".

It's not arrogance in my opinion. I know the people I trust to steer me in the right direction. I just wanted the same for those of your who are learning right now, who might want to make a business of this. If I didn't care, I would not spend my time offering help, fixing people's photos, and doing tutorials to try to help.

I'm where I wanted to get to. I want to help others to get there too.

Here's what I did.. LURK

That's all you need to do to get familiar with the community here.

Quit creating new threads every time your previous one gets locked (which seems to be frequently as of late). It's not necessary, and I think all you're achieving is to quickly lose the respect of others on here. Every post of yours is the same; give it up.

Quit creating new threads every time your previous one gets locked (which seems to be frequently as of late). It's not necessary, and I think all you're achieving is to quickly lose the respect of others on here. Every post of yours is the same; give it up.

:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back