Back home

Maxx640

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I shot this in the evening. This little fishing boat was racing to get back before the storm. I wanted to communicate the fact that he was hurrying by using a slower shutter speed to dynamize the boat. I also thought that desaturing the rest would make the eye focus on the boat. What do you think of this?

Back_home_by_Maxx640.jpg

my eyes dont go to the boat they go to the wake of the boat because the wake is in focus. To me I dont see the speed it would have been better if you do i forgot what its calle but its a mix of panning and a slower shutter speed to get like a trail behind the object. But to me it seems like you just had a slowe shutter by accident. Good concept though.

Yeah usually to convey speed you do the reverse of what you did. Lock focus on the boat, set a long shutter and follow the boat as the shots being taken. You're idea was good, just the execution came out so so. It looks like the boat was rocking up and down by the looks of it(ignoring the wake), not moving left to right. The desaturation is a nice touch though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back