Bad news for photographers who fly.

This is out of control. I guess you will need a super high end type luggage bag to check your gear in with? I'd want to lock it, who's to say someone don't grab something

This is out of control. I guess you will need a super high end type luggage bag to check your gear in with? I'd want to lock it, who's to say someone don't grab something
The only way to send camera gear now is either as carry-on, or freight. NO WAY I would allow my bags to go through luggage security.

Equally as dangerous as volumes of liquids over four ounces!

Whats next ban battery operated watches.pretty soon you can only board naked.

I just flew over the past few weeks. My camera in my carry-on backpack was "inspected" several times. At least they didn't take it out and handle it or my lenses. They just peeked in the bag.

Note that according to the article it only applies to flights to the USA from 10 airports in 8 foreign countries.

Note that according to the article it only applies to flights to the USA from 10 airports in 8 foreign countries.
Good note.

Discrimination, like a lot of the things the USA has been doing recently...

Whats next ban battery operated watches.pretty soon you can only board naked.

Oh I hope not. At my age that wouldn't be a pretty sight.

I'd have been bummed if dtw to Tampa would have been on that list, going next month

Next they'll be banning shoes,

Not to be totally preoccupied with photography, the "ban list" also includes tablets, laptops, DVD players, games... So, I'm checking my laptop too. Uh, yeah, I trust the safety in that! Hopefully, they'll still allow a paperback book to avert the distractions from all the naked passengers.

sneakers with led lights must be band, we don't want to get bombed with Christmas lights, you might get a booboo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back