Batch cropping

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Is there a way to automatically open a JPG file, auto crop it and then save it as it's origional filename replacing the origional?

Been trawling through the PS online help & tried searching the forum with no luck!

Thanks!

You could create an action which would reduce your workload and save a bit of time

open one of the pictures then go to your Actions panel, if it isnt already open you can open it through Window>Actions. Choose 'New Action' from the sub menu in the Actions panel that you just opened, name your new action when prompted and press ok. The red cirle should appear on this panel, this is the record indicator

Now PS will be recording everything you do so go to Image Size and type in the required dimensions you wish your picture to be, press ok.

go to file>save, press ok, close your picture

now go to the action panel again and press the Square/Stop icon, this stops the recording.

Now open the rest of the pictures you need to resize, when theyre all open, select one and go to your action panel again, highlight the new action youve just created and press the play/run button to the right of record. It should repeat what you did with the last photo.

You still have to do them one at a time but it should be quicker than the other way

hope that helps a bit

If you make an action in photoshop, there is the automate function, which will run your action on all pictures in a folder, and automatically save and close them. You can rename them as well if you like.

Automate is under the file menu btw.

Thanks JohnMF thats pretty much where I got upto but there are 7 folders with around 36 images in each folder!:(

Matt I downloaded InfranView and it has lots of cool features but I still can't get it to open, crop & save automatically!:( I must be having a software block at the mo!

I tried making an Action in PS but it keeps saving it as "copy of ....." Can I instruct it to save as an incrimental file name & replace the existing file automatically?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back