battery grip

noob873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was thinking about buying a battery grip thing for my d80 and I saw there is a big range of prices, some up to 200ish? And I looked on ebay and there are a lot of cheap ones on there, Im just curious, whats the difference between those really expensive ones and a cheap one?

Just get the Nikon MB-D80. It's not that expensive and it can run on only one EN-EL3 so you can have the other one out to charge. I know some of the other ones might not do that.

You get what you pay for. Most of the one's on Ebay are made/ship from China, and they can have issues like not reading the battery power correctly. I tried one once only to find out after one shot, the battery grip gave a false report of battery low. You should go with the original Nikon battery grip. If the third party grip cause damage to your camera, Nikon will not honor the warranty.

Something else Im curious about, I read a review saying that with the grip, your camera wont fit some tripods correctly? Does anyone have an explanation for this because Im not sure how it would be true.

the mb-80 has a tripod screw so you should be good. I agree.. just buy this one.. cant go wrong with it

Yeah I know it has a place for the tripod screw, thats why it confused my why the review said it wouldnt work.
Whatever, if I end up getting it I'll probably be getting the better one, I've made the mistake too many times of going cheap then replacing it...

Thanks. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back