Bear Mountain Tower

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Guys,

This is really a nothing shot, but I was there and wanted to try an indoor shot with the techniques I've been learning. I know the window is blown out and I wonder if I could have gotten that better with more underexposed shots, but it was really bright out and that light was blasting through the window so it might not have helped anyway. This shot consists of 7 exposures at 1, 2 and 3.

What do you guys think of this? Both comp and post.

Thanks,
Danny

hrhc0m.jpg

If that's the Perkins Memorial Tower, I remember that as a kid. My Boy Scout troop used to go up there from Long Island.

I like the shot, especially being able to see the "grunge" along the walls and ceiling...

That's it Steve. Third floor, if I remember correctly. That place must be 300 hundred years old. It's practically falling apart.

Thanks,
Danny

I don't know anything about that stuff. I just know it looked old!

This is a pleasing composition. The colors are interesting and look at all the lines! Diagonal lines of the ceiling beams work well and compliment the other zigging lines of the walls. I see what you mean by the window. You might have tried to way underexpose it to help us see more through it other than just bright light and then combine it with HDR. Maybe, however it was only grey bright sky there regardless. Because you have it off to the side and less emphasized, it has not spoiled the whole image for me. The railing on the right edge is a bit odd and why isn't the edge of the window straight? What is you cloned wall space where the window is, getting the window out of there? I would suggest cropping in the right side, but then you would lose the ceiling beam which is interesting. I think you might have tried the same scene from slightly different angles, moving a bit to you right than another from the left, etc. Nice eye in finding this small scene, just one corner of an interesting building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back