Beginner's Critique - Pass it on

Ya! I also loveee water pictures and sometimes they can be really hard to do. I also really like the out of focus bench in the background!

Here's my contribution:
DSC_0034.jpg

Nice, clear shot, but there is too much flash glare on the box. And if it's not from the camera flash, then it's some kind of light that is directly glaring on it.

Here's one I took today of inside an old barn/shed.
2634522439_ac4ede68d7.jpg

Cool, that looks like somewhere me and my friends might wander into.
Can't really see anything....but i still like it.

well..:
ayRocky.jpg

montyb1990, thank you for noticing the bench! I shot it from this angle for that very reason. I call it "Drowning in Loneliness" =]

Haha! I really like that name for that photo. I love DOF and what is sometimes hidden in the out of focus part of the picture.

I kind of like this picture for the same reason. Maybe it would have been better with the focus on the water and the bridge out of focus? I still really like it!
DSC_0170.jpg

Cool idea for a thread!

Monty: I'm not sure what the subject of your photo is. I see some water which is a bit out of focus, and I see what looks like part of the roof of a hut. Maybe if you had moved to a different position to make it more clear what is the main subject, it would be a stronger photo.

Anyway, here is a shot of my uncle while he was here on vacation:

DSC_9226.JPG

alright so i'm new to this and i'm not sure if i can offer any real good advice to your picture andrew99. it looks like a well framed shot to me, nice DOF.

here is one of my shots:

2360879200_9182997ce3.jpg

Hmmm! Well the White Balance appears to be off and, is this like a talk to the hand thing? It is somewhat amusing though.
Well since this is supposed to be beginning shots. I will use a pic from my first digital camera the Collpix995.
11246279_p7ajn-L.jpg

could you elaborate on your comment? i'm not sure what you mean by white balance is off.

I think the colors are very pretty, you did a nice job exposing the shot. I think it would have been more attractive to crop in a bit more and make it a landscape shot, the portrait style doesn't do much for me.

Here is mine, I shot this with a Sigma 50mm F2.8 macro that I just got. After my wife and I had a couple glasses of wine on the back patio I found myself laying in the wet flower bed on my stomach trying to Feel Froggy!! No PP yet on this one.
2644429894_39fbbe77e0_b.jpg

Freedbaby

Cool thread, I wanna play!

Freedbaby,
Cool pic, but as far as comp your subject is dead center and your WB and historgram is pretty off, but easily fixed in PP. Good exposure and focus.

Here's my first shot of an HDR of a building structure..taken a coupel days before the 4th. Oh and please pardon the WaterMark....I know its huge and invasive.
4thJulyBuildingWM.jpg

what can i say i love the picture maybe a little less exposure would better suit it sorry if thats not very good critque, anyways here's mine,
IMG_127999.jpg

Nie Shot, I Jst feel it is a little to WHITE between the tower and the Wall on the bottom left side it just kind of took all my attention there

Here goes again
2637170950_04e2308c7a.jpg

Very nice. The composition is good: About 1/3rd water, a third trees, and a third sky, and the reflections look wonderful as well, perfectly mimmicking the sky.

dsc0919ah4.jpg

Most reactions

Back