Behind the scenes of a studio

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't post much in this part of the forum... coz no one ever wants me to take their photos :-(

But I was in the uni photography studio a couple of weeks back, and thought it would be nice if the class had some 'behind the scenes' photos to look back on at the end of the semester.
Here's just one of the few that I took, before people started getting annoyed at me. :blushing:

IMG_3701photostudio.jpg

edit: oh and just remember that my screen is very bright - set to my printer unfortunately - so it may look rather dark on your screen. in my version I can still see enough detail in the dark right area so that it's not just a black smudge.

Thanks for looking!

It is dark, just as you describe. But I think it gives the photo a really warm feel. Kind of a comforting shot while waiting to have your picture taken professionally.

read the edit jadin. (hmm if I'm understanding your post correctly that is :confused: ) My monitor is calibrated to my printer's printer. And it's too much of a pain to change it ... and expensive too.

yeah i know it's a shame. I'm going to try and get some more tonight. I find it's actually helping my photography more than the actual class is... coz this way I have to learn how to deal with the difficult lighting.

Jadin, assuming we all have our monitors calibrated to our printers, no one is going to want to adjust to look at one picture. Sadly this is one of the curses of viewing photo's on screen.

I love it! The lighting is great and it looks fine on my monitor.

Thanks everyone.

I actually re-shot this photo last night at uni. but of course it was all set up and posed this time. I'm going to submit it as part of my assignment on colour temperature. The assignment tells us to go take a bunch of photos in different lighting conditions and show the effects on the slide film. It also has to be a portrait of someone so I thought this fit perfectly!

I like this picture - I'm not sure how bright the bottom right corner is on your monitor but the shot looks GREAT with the "big black smudge" in the corner as dark as it is. It's unfortunate they got annoyed with you - those are the pictures that REALLY matter anyway!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back