+ Behind the scenes +

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone! In a previous thread i asked for tips in regards to having the opportunity to shoot on the set of a music video. Because the singers brother is a really good friend of mine, i decided not to charge (even though i still feel like i'm not at that level to anyway). However, i dont see anything wrong with a little bit of credit. On the day of the shoot i spoke to him and asked how he wanted me to process the photos for him. He said that burning them on to a CD and letting him choose which ones he'd prefer would be reasonable. I'm not sure if i should ask for credit, because i really don't want them to think that i was doing it for me (as much as i was) It was still a favour. ;)

Anyway, now to the events of the day! The video was being shot in a nightclub, its pretty close to absolute darkness! Not really much i could do considering i couldn't use a flash during the filming. I practiced for about half an hour with different settings and what not. What i did was pretty much boost up my ISO, f3.4 and 1/60 exposure. They weren't fantastic photos, but considering what i had to work with, i thought they were pretty decent.

Also, i had a few challenges. Because it was being shot in a nightclub, its pretty much the same as a concert (No light - if there is light, it's waay too harsh) The lighting set up (see below) they had was a strong green light source coming from the left, a red light source coming from behind, laser lights and a nice white light source coming from the right (perfect to shoot with). As i begun, it was getting really irritateing, everyone was looking like Shrek :meh: the green lighting was a disaster. The second take took a different turn. Because i wasn't very mobile (pretty much shooting in the same place all day) i couldn't really just walk up to the right side (white light) and take photos cos of equipment and stuff. As i was looking to my right i noticed there was a mirror which showed a perfectly lit up the singer and dancers. i had honestly felt like i had struck gold, and i had! From that point on i started taking photos from the mirror. And the result? Take a look for yourself..

I know there's a lot of noise, but there isn't much i could have done.
I took over 1000 photos and then deleted half of that :lol:
There are definitely a few keepers!

the set up
dsc0681o.jpg

Shrek look alikes
dsc0284u.jpg

and again
dsc0344s.jpg

My trusty mirror shots:

dsc0368u.jpg

dsc0487d.jpg

dsc0574t.jpg

dsc0740f.jpg

These are the dancers. They changed the lighting for this scene (Thank goodness!)
dsc0813d.jpg

dsc0856e.jpg

dsc0881x.jpg

Can see a little of the mirror here (result would be better once cropped)
dsc0931l.jpg

I really don't have any idea as to how i should edit these (other than appropriate cropping) or if i should edit them at all. any suggestions would be grand! I'm not usually one to ramble on but i thought i would share this experience with you! Thanks for reading if you made it this far :mrgreen::mrgreen:

- Noonz

P.s sorry for the amount of photos! :greenpbl:

1 and 2 look like an acid trip...or so i would imagine......

I enjoyed looking at the girls :)

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a fun set to be on.

I like #7 the most. The expression of the girl and her hand position is nice. The only thing you could do to improve is remove the camera on the left, but it would be very difficult because it completely blocks someone's head.

Not all the pics will load for me, so I can't give feedback on the majority of the pics. I can see a few with the large amount of green light, and I actually like it because it sets a tone. Clubs, bars, and pubs have always been places with bright lights and grime. It also reminds me of how illustrators and set designers use color to set the tone for scenes.

I have yet to shoot stills, but from my understanding, normally the only editing that is to be done on stills is cropping.

Most reactions

Back