Best Camera Quality vs Price?

Husky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I'm VERY new to the newer generation of Digital cameras. And I'm looking to do more 'artsy' sorts of compositions. Last Camera I used was a Sony DSC-P52 (very old now). Seeing most of the shots taken on interfacelift really inspired me. So I'm looking for a good quality camera with definition and hopefully a relatively high shutter speed. Because the more I look, the harder it gets to choose. I was hoping for some experienced input. Much appreciated! =D

Well, I'm VERY new to the newer generation of Digital cameras. And I'm looking to do more 'artsy' sorts of compositions. Last Camera I used was a Sony DSC-P52 (very old now). Seeing most of the shots taken on interfacelift really inspired me. So I'm looking for a good quality camera with definition and hopefully a relatively high shutter speed. Because the more I look, the harder it gets to choose. I was hoping for some experienced input. Much appreciated! =D

Any budget to mention?

p!nK

Oh, right. 400-1200$ :D

And so it begins again....

And so it begins again....
You've noticed it too ;\
yup. Just try the above two out. Maybe there's some aspect in ergonomics that you don't like in one. The two mentioned cameras are both great. As for Canon vs. Nikon... there are plenty of threads. Just search them up! Make sure to stick with one though ;)

Let me see...Canon, no, Nikon. HMMM, maybe I should just use a Kodak and stay out of trouble in this thread...:mrgreen:

Pentax K-X--it uses the same Sony-made sensor as the Nikon D90 and D5000, and it offers a lot of value for the money. It does high-ISO in-camera JPEGs quite well according to multiple reviews, and Pentax has a very solid line of excellent lenses that are specifically designed for 1.5x cameras, like their 60-250mm DA* (pronounced D A star) model and their 50-135mm f/2.8 DA* zoom, as well as a nice 16-50mm f/2.8 zoom. Pentax is small,light, well-sealed, AND very affordable. http://www.pentaximaging.com/camera-lenses/

The 50-135mm f/2.8 has ED glass and a silent wave focusing motor,and is almost universally acclaimed by its owners Pentax smc DA 50-135mm f 2.8 ED IF SDM Lens: items on eBay.com

Here's an in-depth review of the T2i complete with comparison images for ISO settings and quality.

Canon EOS Rebel T2i / 550D Digital SLR Camera Review

But I would personally recommend a 50D and 17-85 IS USM lens. It's a great combo that I used personally for quite some time. Plus the step up from the Rebel cameras to the xxD cameras is pretty significant. If you can do without video, the 50D offers double the burst rate (6.3fps), rear control dials/joystick, easier menus/controls, top mounted info LCD screen, and better overall build. It's right at the top of the budget:

2807B012 Canon EOS 50D Digital SLR Camera Body Kit, 15.1 Megapixels, Black with EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 USM Image Stabilized Lens - USA Warranty

Pentax K-X--it uses the same Sony-made sensor as the Nikon D90 and D5000, and it offers a lot of value for the money. It does high-ISO in-camera JPEGs quite well according to multiple reviews, and Pentax has a very solid line of excellent lenses that are specifically designed for 1.5x cameras, like their 60-250mm DA* (pronounced D A star) model and their 50-135mm f/2.8 DA* zoom, as well as a nice 16-50mm f/2.8 zoom. Pentax is small,light, well-sealed, AND very affordable. Camera Lens - Official PENTAX Imaging Web Site

The 50-135mm f/2.8 has ED glass and a silent wave focusing motor,and is almost universally acclaimed by its owners Pentax smc DA 50-135mm f 2.8 ED IF SDM Lens: items on eBay.com

I

Love

You

:hug::

Also, with the camera suggestions that have been given to you, i would go in to any store that sells those and just take a look at them. You may like the feel and how one sits in your hands better than the other. Take a look at them all in person and see how you like the settings/menu/navigation and buttons and what not. See if you can take a few snapshots with them in the store and just experiment and mess around with the camera as much as possible so you know exactly what brand or camera you like.
Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of photography.

A bit off topic but i like how the Pentax K-x comes in different colours....

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back