Best shot of my friend.

UpCloseFromFarAway

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
It comes by often. Perhaps a nest? :biggrin:

No editing done. Let me know what I should be doing, please!

img5858f.jpg

Shot with Canon 70-200L f/4 on Rebel xs.

Cute duck.

It was underexposed so I did a few quick adjustments. I would crop it but that would be something you should do if you have a bigger copy of it. This one was too small to crop well.

20100420-img5858f.jpg

Uploading it to photo bucket made it a bit brighter than it is on my computer, so you may not want it quite that bright.

duckk.jpg

heres my edit. mine was also done on photobucket, I don't have photoshop on this computer. Maybe a bit of light dodging on the duck's head will do it some good.
I don't know if it's just me, but that one blade of grass over it bothers me out of my mind! Especially in Josh220's edit. -_-
I do think yours is a tiny bit overexposed, but Josh's is wayyy too bright, especially the grass.

I don't know if it's just me, but that one blade of grass over it bothers me out of my mind!

So remove it! :greenpbl:

I re-edited it real quick based on how photobucket affected the first upload.

Duckedit.jpg

I don't know if it's just me, but that one blade of grass over it bothers me out of my mind!

Duckedit.jpg
I don't appreciate you using that exclamation mark :greenpbl: I don't know how to do that on Photobucket. And if that's my edit without the blade, I think it's perfect! :p:lmao:

Duckedit.jpg
I don't appreciate you using that exclamation mark :greenpbl: I don't know how to do that on Photobucket. And if that's my edit without the blade, I think it's perfect! :p:lmao:

I actually started over from the OP's original picture rather than using my previous edit or yours.

You can't do it in photobucket, I removed it in CS4.

Duckedit.jpg

I actually started over from the OP's original picture rather than using my previous edit or yours.

You can't do it in photobucket, I removed it in CS4.
well either works, but thank you for removing that blade! x_x:lmao::thumbup:

So, so far, cropping it and giving it some more exposure would be the idea? Would you guys recommend a higher iso rating or a lower shutter speed?

Thanks so much! :thumbup:

So, so far, cropping it and giving it some more exposure would be the idea? Would you guys recommend a higher iso rating or a lower shutter speed?

Thanks so much! :thumbup:

Depends. This was easily fixed in post processing, so it's not a huge deal. Slower shutter speeds often bite you in the ass for wildlife. Any tiny movement throws your picture out of focus.

Slightly higher ISO, or a wider aperture would help. What aperture did you shoot this at?

Get an external light meter :) If you're going to use slower shutter speeds, get a tripod if you don't have one already. And yeaaa it will bite you in the ass in wildlife cuz no animal likes to stay still! Wider aperture will definitely help in the terms of lighting, but does your camera have a light meter? I'm used to shooting film so I always have mine but if you don't I highly recommend a hand held!

You can bracket (meter) it in camera but you don't need to go buy a light meter. I've never heard of someone using a light meter on wildlife. But that requires you to shoot in Manual. Wildlife is easier (and more often) to shoot in Aperture. Just set it to a wider aperture or pop up the ISO by one setting if that's not enough.

Like I said though, this image was very easy to correct in post, so it was not that drastic of a problem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back