Big cars Big Boobs and Intellectuals

For those who hesitate to reply due to fear of offending or insulting, I recommend the following: "You've done it again!" People always seem to take that as a compliment. I find it particularly useful when people who can't cook insist on you sampling some new creation. Should work with photos too.

I would put EXIF into the post but I don't know how. I use LR to export for this forum and I have not seen that term EXIF in any dropbox so other than attaching all metadata I can't do anymore.

I have asked for an explanation on this but I had no replies. :BangHead:

And to others who say they don't want to be rude I get enough statements like that from my camera club that is exactly why I come on here to get some straight up critique not some lille livered garbage. One can actually read title beforehand so one should have an idea of what is requested and failing that an extract of introduction message can also be read before you click on the link.

:gun:

Last edited:
For those who hesitate to reply due to fear of offending or insulting, I recommend the following: "You've done it again!" People always seem to take that as a compliment. I find it particularly useful when people who can't cook insist on you sampling some new creation. Should work with photos too.

Or how about "breath-taking"? It works for ugly babies, too ;)

I would put in EXIF data, but I usually don't have any, and if I put the camera, film stock, and settings, I'm surely at some point going to be accused of bragging and expecting everyone to fawn over my use of film.

Or how about "breath-taking"? It works for ugly babies, too ;)

I would put in EXIF data, but I usually don't have any, and if I put the camera, film stock, and settings, I'm surely at some point going to be accused of bragging and expecting everyone to fawn over my use of film.
But I've always found your use of film "breathtaking". Lol

Banana, sorry I didn't see your previous questions about exif, you can download a couple of different free utilities that will show you the data or you can do what I do and use Flickr to share images, it will show you the exif on the image and it's easy to post the image to the forum by copying the BB code and pasting it into your message

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

Now that we're on page 5, can I derail the thread now and suggest we talk about bacon.

This thread is worthless without pict...

nevermind. it's just worthless.

Ya.. your always leaving that on my posts.

Hey.. wait a minute...

Lol

Last edited:
I would put EXIF into the post but I don't know how. I use LR to export for this forum and I have not seen that term EXIF in any dropbox so other than attaching all metadata I can't do anymore.

I have asked for an explanation on this but I had no replies. :BangHead:

And to others who say they don't want to be rude I get enough statements like that from my camera club that is exactly why I come on here to get some straight up critique not some lille livered garbage. One can actually read title beforehand so one should have an idea of what is requested and failing that an extract of introduction message can also be read before you click on the link.

:gun:
In Lightroom, when you go to the EXPORT page
in the MetaData section just select ALL

Well for future reference, if I post a image for C&C I can take whatever you give. If my photo looks like
ugly-dog-poo-smiley-emoticon.gif
then tell me it looks like
. <-----That's not a piece that fell off that's a period.

If I want to improve then you have to have the hard facts given to you. If you can't take it then keep producing the same photo's you have been. This dumbing down of America and not hurting anyone's feelings has gotten old.

If you're offended and a light heart that can't take it when someone tells the truth about your photo then enjoy not improving and/or learning and keep producing the same old stuff over and over.
If you fall into that group then here's that cookie for you.

I"m still waiting to see the boobies !!!

And 9 out of 10 get all twisted over critiques so I stay out of it now.

What I will do when I have the energy and time is to find a few threads that have no replies on 3rd page or so of the Active Topics. If there's something I can say - even some small thing - I'll make a comment, thus giving some feedback and a bump. Often I've seen this result in more comments.
Hey, I do that too :)

Some people who post here are more popular with the masses and will get more hits and more people ready to comment.

This is true in all aspects of life

Since you made this point of some people who are more popular getting more responses, I'd like to add that in many cases, those members who are more popular, I call them members of the "A Crowd" get CC'd with "Fabulous", "Best Yet", "Great image", remarks no matter how bad the photo may be that they posted, simply because of who they are and I'm sure it sends the wrong message to new members and those still learning. Sorry, but I've been wanting to say this for a long time now.
completely agree...

And must add something ... I've spent a fair amount of time here and during that time I interacted with a fair number of people.. after some time, more people got involved in my posts. I've always wonder if that's subjective.. did I really post a fine photograph, or they like my picture because they know me?

Aaand.... recently I got a very nasty pm where a member told me that people like my pictures because I'm a woman and they're midleaged guys who fall for every woman half of their age.

yup... there's that

eta: confesion: there's a guy here that can post "whatever photo it is" and I would like it because I admire him and like him...

Last edited:
Good grief Maria, what a pm to get! wonder who's got their nose that out of joint. You treat people in a respectful way, seems like you should get the same treatment in return.

I suppose it's natural to comment differently if it's someone you know pretty well on here. We all have preferences and photographers we like so it might be more subjective if we like someone's style, etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back