Bought a Canon Digital Rebel

whatsafrog2do

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ilarawan.com
Am I insane or what? My Olympus is not even 5 weeks old and now this?
This camera is flying off the shelves. When I was in the store today, at least 5 people were asking about it. And to double my insanity I also bought a Sigma 70-300mm lens. What am I thinking?

First impression? It's a bit heavy but looks like it's easy to use. I had to install the software before I could download the pictures, unlike in my Olympus

I couldn't take outside photos because it was dark when I got home. Here's a sample taken of my living room. I have to read some work materials for a breakfast meeting but I think I'll read the camera manual instead.

10.jpg

Don't let the night time keep you from going outside. It does do up to 30 second exposures!

Sorry about the no-show jpg. I moved it to another server so it should show up now.

I got the cam from Henry's for $1599 Cdn. They have a promo on a package worth $149 Cdn for a Canon carrying case, 256MB CF card, a Velbon tripod and a cleaning kit. I already have a tripod so I paid $100 for the kit plus the sales guy threw in an adapter ring and upgraded the card to the Ultra version of SanDisk and 2 tickets to the Photographic and Digital Imaging Show for Oct 3-5.

This camera comes with a battery pack BP-511 (lithium ion). I need to buy another one but it costs around $120 Cdn.

I forgot to ask in my original post my question about the Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 II Macro Super. Is this a good quality lens? Should I keep it or exchange it for something else? I haven't tried it yet, in fact I haven't even got a chance to check the camera out. Will do tomorrow but it's supposed to rain a lot. Thanks to Isabel.

Edit: I found a similar question in the forum and I followed the link provided. Still let me know what you think. Thanks!

That's what I'll do I'll buy a cheaper kind that I will use when runing the date/time and use the origial battery for taking photos. According to the manual, i should be able to take 350 pictures before recharging is necessary.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back