budget flash similar to SB-600

pokopelo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hello all, I have on my wish list an SB-600, however since I'm getting a 35MM AF-S will not have budget for it, therefore I'm looking for a cheaper alternate until i can get the cash to get the Nikon, can anyone recommend a replacement one? if possible around $100

Well if you want a nice flash for off camera work like strobist stuff then the vivitar 285hv is a great flash. Not sure about a flash for 100 if you want to use it on camera with i-TTL. Hopefully someone here can show you something in that area. GL
TJ

If you want a flash to use on your camera, I'd suggest waiting until you can afford the Nikon. If you want something to use off-camera, then I'd suggest something like THIS.

Get the SB-400 ...best thing you can do for your $100 budget

i have a vivtar 285 and sb-600, the 285 doesn't even come close to the sb-600, but you do learn a bit with the manual operation of the 285 lol

best buy is always sending out 10-20% off coupons, i actually used a 25 gift certificate and a 10% off camera accessories when i got my sb-600 :)

but i enjoy both flashes!

Hey thanks for that link buddy. Just ordered 2... I figure for <75 bucks shipped for 2 flashes it's worth a shot for practice & learning. Now off to find some ebay triggers to complete the low budget strobist setup...

Hey thanks for that link buddy. Just ordered 2... I figure for <75 bucks shipped for 2 flashes it's worth a shot for practice & learning. Now off to find some ebay triggers to complete the low budget strobist setup...

Yeah I got two flashes and a RF602 (which still did not get here yet :()

This is a risk as some people have been getting dead units but I ordered two of another deal similar to this and they both worked, they will give you a refund even if it doesnt.

Flickr: Discussing Strobist friendly flash on the cheap - Less than $36 in Strobist.com

So when they run out of these (almost to that point with the Nikon units), how long does it take em to get more? Or where else could I get em?

I dont think they will get more. They are open box, I think they are just getting rid of them.

This is a risk as some people have been getting dead units but I ordered two of another deal similar to this and they both worked, they will give you a refund even if it doesnt.

Flickr: Discussing Strobist friendly flash on the cheap - Less than $36 in Strobist.com

do you know if these can be slaves? i can fire an sb-600 remotely from my camera

Yeah they can be.

will anyting additional be required? ie transmitter or triggers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back