Buying body from Amerika

hamlet

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am going to buy this d800e body from the Amerikan Amazon: link

We over here have different wall sockets for the battery re-charger: example

My question is: if i buy the re-charger locally will the d800e fully work over here? example

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It should. The only differences are the input voltage characteristics. The outputs should all be the same... what the battery needs to properly charge.

That said, what about the warranty?

...i'm just guessing (as i have no more desire to do your research,than you do),that the battery's are the same,so all you should require is a charger withe correct specs/plug.

It should. The only differences are the input voltage characteristics. The outputs should all be the same... what the battery needs to properly charge.

That said, what about the warranty?

I'm screwed concerning that. I cant buy the d800e here.

Get an adapter for your charger. It will adjust the voltage correctly.

Get an adapter for your charger. It will adjust the voltage correctly.

I'm not sure what i should get? If i just buy the battery re-charger here then everything should work fine. Right?

Nikon chargers are typically "international" in that their typical chargers are spec'd as "AC100-240V 50/60 Hz", and "DC 12.6V 1.2 AMP" and the cord that goes into the charger is supplied wirh the correct WALL-socket end, based on country/style of plug-in.

The wall socket connecting cord plugs into the battery charger's body at the "AC IN" input socket, the one with the newish, sort of "number 8" profiled, two-prong cord end that ALLLLLL the electronics companies have adopted, and then on the wall-socket end of the cord, the prongs are based on the prevailing system used for the various countries.

I bought a UK Fuji S5 Pro, which came with the UK-style prongs, so I just took a cord from an older CD burner, which had the old "figure 8 profile" plug in, and my UK-bought camera charger was converted for us here in Amuuurica!

Ok, i will order it now along with an adaptor from the German Amazon. Even with the insane import tax from the amerikan amazon, i am still saving more than a grand as opposed to if i bought it used here. But the warranty, i'm not sure what nikons policy is regarding warranty. I mean they have a international warranty pamflet thing that comes along with your nikon gear. So i'm not sure about that.

I'll make you a deal. You PayPal me enough to buy a D800e, and I'll buy one here. I'll use it until the US warranty expires, then ship it to you. That way, if there's a problem during the warranty period, I can send it in and get it fixed for you.

Deal?

I'll make you a deal. You PayPal me enough to buy a D800e, and I'll buy one here. I'll use it until the US warranty expires, then ship it to you. That way, if there's a problem during the warranty period, I can send it in and get it fixed for you.

Deal?

Yeah, but what about the copyright on the images? Since it's Hamlet's camera, doesn't he end up owning the images? After all, you'd be (just) the button pusher. :mrgreen:

Edit: Hamlet - jump all over this. Sparky will train your camera for you and teach it to expose properly and appropriately. Then when you get it, Sparky's training will give the an additional "sparky" mode overlay on all the existing modes. Think of the wonders you could then capture!

Deal?

Yeah, but what about the copyright on the images? Since it's Hamlet's camera, doesn't he end up owning the images? After all, you'd be (just) the button pusher. :mrgreen:

Edit: Hamlet - jump all over this. Sparky will train your camera for you and teach it to expose properly and appropriately. Then when you get it, Sparky's training will give the an additional "sparky" mode overlay on all the existing modes. Think of the wonders you could then capture!

If I push the shutter button, the images belong to me. That's US copyright law.

Perhaps. Unless you're "for hire". and if he hires you to "train" his camera, then? C'mon Sparky - I'm trying to build a case for Hamlet sending you money!

Deal?

So does sparky mode only work on full frame or can I get that in a crop sensor body like a D5100? Lol

Hamlet, didn't I tell you just a couple months back that you'd likely be upgrading your camera body given your buying habits? You told me no way, not for a long time. Then you bought a DX-only lens!!!

Maybe time to reflect ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back