C&C Please

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Jen Puleo, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Jen Puleo

Jen Puleo TPF Noob!

A few recent photos, would like some tips, suggestions, etc on how to improve. I feel like my photos are not sharp enough. Other than some cropping I haven't done any editing to these. Feel free to edit if you want. I'd love to see how others would have taken these. Thanks!
    Jen

1. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

I wanted to post a pic of myself. I didn't have anyone around to take it & used a mirror. How do you accomplish this w/o having it look like crap-like mine :lol:

[​IMG]

All shot w/Nikon D40, I believe I had my 18-55mm lens on.

Thanks!

2. benpsut

benpsut TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The shots look a tad bit underexposed. Especially the flower, I was expecting a vibrant flower with a nice green background. The colors are flat too. The self portrait is has foreground clutter too. Nice tries! Keep it up! :)

Ben

3. midlight21

midlight21 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. Your subject is just about centered. The brick wall gives it some depth but my eyes just scanned over it and moved on...

2. More interesting but there's a few petals in the pic on the right hand side that you should crop out.

3. I don't know how to take a pic of myself and not have it look crappy! You did pretty well taking your own I think.

I'm a beginner and not used to critting other people's pictures so...keep that in mind.