Camera bag for D30+Grip

usayit

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
North New Jersey, United States of America
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can anyone recommend a small camera bag that can fit my D30 with the grip attached, a medium sized zoom lense ( Tamron 35-105mm ) and an extra lens?

I found many nice small camera bags but non seem just large enough to fit over the D30/60 camera body with the grip attached.

not sure what you consider to be small or even medium. I went to my local sporting goods store, bought a hard shelled case with eggshell lining, intended for use as a case for paintball guns, i cut away the lining to fit my accessories. now I have a "custom" hardshell, steel case...it about 8 or 9 inches deep, maybe 2 feet wide by maybe 15 inches long. besides, its a whole lot of fun to watch peoples faces when I come in with this case and open it ...looks like I shoot have it handcuffed to my wrists...lol

I'm pretty partial to Crumpler bags.

They're very strong, don't look like camera bags, and the padding is thick.

I've dropped my Crumpler Steamer (with my Sony DSC-D770 - already a LARGE digital camera, Sunpak flash, and accessories) a few times, but the contents are fine.

are you looking for a topmount bag or can you live with detaching the lens from the body?

you can click on the following link: http://www.crumplerusa.com/ and you can select from a list of online retailers or find a local dealer in the 'dealer' section.

Tamrac Velocity or Messenger bags are pretty good. You can get the specs off of the tamrac website and they sell pretty cheap on eBay.

well folks. After searching I still have not found any smallish sized bags that can easily carry my D30 + Grip + 35-105 lens to my satisfaction. There were a few bags that I liked, but I found them either too small for the D30 + Grip, required that I removed my lens, too difficult/hassle to get to the camera ( backpacks ), or just too bulky for my weekend outings. The Tamrac Velocity is a nice design and compromise between the advs. of backpacks and messenger type bags but still too tight for the body itself... I've moved on to really focusing on what is important. Protecting the camera + 1 lens on my short weekend trips ( already have a backpack if I choose to bring more equipment ). Here's what I found:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=170244&is=REG

nice neoprene pouch that might fit my D30 body+grip+my lens. Optech also makes an even larger pouch but it requires an extra purchase of a lens pouch which is starting to cost more than I believe these pouches are worth. Have yet to see these pouches in person.

I also ran into the zing slr pouch at a local store. Seems to be a quick and easy to pull the camera in and out at a moments notice. From the pictures, I think the zing might be a better design than the optech but I'd have to leave the grip at home. Zing supposedly makes a larger Pro vesion buy I have yet to see it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=149181&is=REG

I'm really liking the zing.... perhaps enough to convince me to live without the grip on short trips.

Most reactions

Back