Camera Repair List

oldtexasdog said:
Anyone know of a shop in the Ft. Worth Texas area that could repair a Canon S2 IS with the stuck shutter syndrome?

I am pretty sure the cost of repair is worth more than the camera...

I thought so . I guess thats why I am looking for a replacement.

Just renewing my plea, ... I need a recommendation. I live in Massachusetts, near the New Hampshire border. Anywhere in MA, southern NH/ME, or RI would be ideal, but if the recommendation was strong enough I'd consider CT, NY (except NYC), NJ, or DE, as I travel down that way every other month or so. If I can find a shop that provides anywhere near the quality of work that Essex did, I'd be thrilled. (I don't want someone who's principally a retailer and sends the work out; my preference is on-site, hands-on, experienced techs.) Suggestions?

In Southeast Michigan there's Oakland Photographic Repair (in Madison Heights, MI).

I found them when I called my favorite local camera store to see if they did repairs. They don't do repairs, but they told me they refer everyone to him. Upon going there, I discovered that other photographers I know have been using the same guy.

HELP! On Sanibel Island in South Florida and my Pentax 645 film camera won't power on.
Checked the grip connection, batteries, etc. Any ideas or camera repair suggestions?
Really need to shoot while I'm down here.
Thanks in advance for the help.

get some camera repair tool like spanner wrench and screws from net to D-I-Y for simple issues.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Repair in Bangladesh for Canon, they are independently owned authorized service facilities: precisioncamera.com

I have a vivitar 70-210 mm 3.5 lens that needs some repair but I can't find a single place that will/can work on it. It seems that this lens isn't supposed anywhere.

Just got my Olympus EVOLT E-450 back from whoever Oly uses for repairs. Was actually a pretty good experience. I know they replaced the main board and CPU, but they did shutter work and replaced the rear cover along with a full cleaning. It's like a brand new camera. And they decided not to charge me for it, which was icing on the cake.

Edit: It was Precision Camera. Great work.

Last edited:
While at my gig in northeastern Pennsylvania this summer, I needed to get the front control dial fixed on my 40D. Camera Craftsmen, in Edwardsville PA, got my camera turned around in 24 hours. They cater to pros, are knowledgeable and professional, and they get the job done right the first time.

Thankfully, I only needed their services once, but they freakin' nailed it.

Camera Craftsmen

I have heard amazing things about the repair shop in Portland, OR:

Advance Camera Repair
8124 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy.
Portland, OR 97225

I haven't been there yet myself, but they have excellent feedback and have won numerous awards for their service. Will report back on my experience with them!

Greetings ... I am a new member

sosok.jpg

Most reactions

Back