Camera Updgrade

Ricky21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I currently have a Canon XS. I want to upgrade soon and wanted to ask for suggestions. I don't want to spend a ton of money, but I have been eying the 7D.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also, is it smart to look for used camera or is it better to try to buy new.

What are the reasons that you want to upgrade? Do you really need the additional features/specs of something like the 7D?

Well, I wasn't sure if pairing a better lens with my XS, in this case say an L series telephoto lens that I would also like to upgrade to would limit the capabilities of the lens.

I would also like to enjoy some of the other features it offers (Better ISO, greater megapixels, etc..).

I love my camera now, I just wasn't sure that since it's the novice model if it has any limitations with better lenses.

The only reason I can see for switching to a 7D (I also own a Rebel XS) are:

Higher IQ at higher ISO
More FPS (I shoot sports)
Better/Faster AF System
Video (not a need of mine)

I have a rebel XT and bought the 50 f1.4 and 100 F2.8 macro and saw a huge difference in image quality. I then upgrade to the 50D whicch I love and it has a lot more features that I really like. The image quality wasn't a huge upgade with the 50D it just allowed me to crop a little more and has better high ISO( not a ton better ISO but better). If I were you I would by the best glass that I could get first and then later get a different body. You will see a bigger difference in the glass than the body. Unless you buy a full frame. Good luck!

The AF system alone would push me to upgrade. The 7D is a much more capable camera across the board. If you have the money, do it. If you don't, invest in lenses and worry about a new body later.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back