Can you recomend a Flashgun

swat9uk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was looking at different types of flashguns you can buy and was pretty amazed buy how many different makes and models esp third party ones floating around eBay

I am after a mid range one as a primary flash for my canon 100D

can anyone maybe recommend a mid range one? or maybe you might have had a good experience from a third party cheap one from eBay

some of the cheaper ones I have found are only slave, to a degree and are manual only
just when I think yep il buy that one..i notice a bad point about it,

Yongnuo 568EX's are great flashes and do TTL and HSS. I have a couple of them and have not had any issues.
they are about $180 new.

The last flashgun I had is pictured. Some nice strobe units on the market these days....
FLASHGUN---Crown-Graphic.jpg

Go here, scroll down, and there are some good reviews of low-cost Made in China flash units. This site has a lot of good information on flash basics, advanced flash, and flash calculation tips, as well as operational suggestions. Flash Photography Basics

Wayne also has a great beginner's guide to selecting a flash.

dennybeall said:
The last flashgun I had is pictured. Some nice strobe units on the market these days....
View attachment 97908
I have read multiple times that the original light sabre handles in the first Star Wars film were made out of Graflex flashgun battery holders...

Most reactions

Back