Cannon Pixma Pro 9000 printer

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I saw this printer at the store, and was surprised at the quality of the prints. They looked great I thought. They looked as good as traditional photo printing I thought. The picture wasn't on the surface of the paper, it actually looked burned in and was really crisp! It wasn't too bad of a price either @ $399. Considering regular, decent all -in- one printers cost $100 or so.

I have this printer. A lot of what your seeing has to do with the paper being used in my expirience, such as matt , semi gloss photo rag , museum etching and such. So far I like the printer, I print 8x10's but really use it for 13x19 prints on quality paper which I either mat , back and bag for sale or frame and mat for sale.

So far it has worked just fine for me. it uses 8 ink cartidges and you can view levels and replace as needed. On a conservative estimate I would say you get about 30 8x10's or about 10 13x19 prints for a 100 bucks worth of ink. I am still working on these figures as I print more materials.
Some inks get used much faster than others so it's really hard to judge. I suspect the number of prints to ink is much higher.

Things I have learned since buying the 9000. The 9000 uses dye based inks which for archival terms will fade faster than pigment based inks. I'm talking a ratio abnout 70 years vrs. 100 years. My next printer will have ink wells vrs. cartridges.

The casual printer can be more cost effective by having a lab print your photos. having your own printer allows you more latitude of control. I would think it costs more to print your own photos but I like having hands on control of what I do and my retail of my prints make up for the costs of printing them myself.

I hope this helps!

The printer is very nice. If you do your own printing you can get much better quality vs. a standard lab but it is expensive to buy ink and paper. You also may want to get color calibration for your monitor to take advantage of doing your own printing.

Most reactions

Back