Cannon Rebel XT vs. Rebel XTI

I was just assuming he was wanting to stick with Canon....the 30D would be great, as well!

The 30D is Canon...... just a leap ahead when it comes to build quality and control.

I've used both...I own an XT a friend has an XTi. I wasn't a fan of the lcd screen showing the current camera status, I like the dedicated LCD display the XT has MUCH better. The extra AF points aren't a big deal either to me, and neither is the 2 extra MP's....

Save some money for more gear like a bag, tripod, filters, lenses etc., and go with the XT.

The 30D is Canon...... just a leap ahead when it comes to build quality and control.

Why the heck did I think it was a Nikkon???? Im just retarded tonight...not the first time i've shown my mommy brain today! lol! :blushing:

Whatever you do don't purchase either of those auctions. They charge you for all that extra "pro" gear like screw on fisheyes and hard cases and crap flashes that you dont need. And if you do need stuff like that there are better places to get it from. Look at BHphotovideo.com for buying. You can also look for a used camera on ebay, just dont get one of those big package "deals"

One of your links, the cost was $687. For $687 you could get a XT with 18-55 lens, a Tamron 70-300, and a 50mm f/1.8. Then you'd still have change to spare...and have better quality stuff than that ebay auction. The Tamron is rated very, very well for this price.

So which is the best lense to start with if you want to do mostly portrait ?

For Nikon users, there is also a f/1.4 version. There are also 85 mm primes and which should work...

Well I really wish I could afford that particular lens but unfortunatly as I mentioned I am on a budget and hoping to add to one day but just not right now. But I will check into the one that was mentioned earlier in the thread

Most reactions

New Topics

Back