Canon 30D "clicks" or number of shutter actuations

Freaking out a bit. I see my actuations as this: Camera Actuations: -1471479744

The other part, where I read on a forum from '07 that there is a formula for calculating this info:
Image Type: Canon EOS 30D
Actuation Counter: 64
Actuation Multiplier: 43083
Canon Tag93 Length: 32
Canon TagA0 Length: 28

Yikes! I know I take a lot of photos... AND maybe my hunch to buy another camera was right. Any suggestions?

I also, just read, that one cannot get this info on a 30d. Only Canon can. Whew! Still a few shots left.

(yes, I am a dork and am completely aware of it)
:thumbsup:

Question. Can anyone help to understand how I can determine how many shutter actuations or "clicks" I have taken with a Canon 30D camera. Since one is able to reset the counter (and I have) it is not a reliable measurement. Someone suggested an up load to Flickr -- I found that is off by 5000 as well. Any assistance would be appreciated.

You send it to Canon and pay for it or you don't get it at all. Only the xD series bodies have the ability to be read for total shutter actuations with an end user program.

I actually am trying to get more info on the same question but for a 5D camera - how can i find out its true full usage? You say that the xD series cab be read for total with a program, what program?

Also see this thread i just created for my own similair question. Thread

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back