CANON 40D!!!!!!! what?

There are always rumors and speculation...Canon is very tight lipped about it's new models. I do think that they will be coming out with a replacement to the 30D (maybe a 40D) sometime soon.

It's my guess that the official announcement will come in early March, around the time of the PMA show in Vegas.

It may be a good idea to wait for it...but it's usual for these things to take time to get out to the stores. It may be a month of more, after the announcement...that you can even get one.

On the other hand...a new model will most likely cause a drop in the price of the current models...so you might be able to get a 30D at a better price.

There has been similar speculation from the Nikon camp as well. I have read on a few sites that the D300 is going to be coming out this November. It just shows how quickly camera technology is advancing.

I'll be you five bucks it will be the end of the year before Canon actually ships 40Ds, if not later.

I'll be you five bucks it will be the end of the year before Canon actually ships 40Ds, if not later.
That would fit their past history much better than releasing it this March...but the 30D is kind of in a bad spot in their line up right now...so who knows. I'm hoping for something exciting from PMA.

Most reactions

Back