Canon 60D or 7D or Rebel T4i

I just got my 7D from the loyalty program. Not sure about Canada but don't see why it wouldn't be included.

Paid 1087 USD + tax. You can also get 20% off a refurb lens but stock may be limited.

I just got my 7D from the loyalty program. Not sure about Canada but don't see why it wouldn't be included.

Paid 1087 USD + tax. You can also get 20% off a refurb lens but stock may be limited.

When did you order yours?? I noticed canon's page for refurbished EOS bodies is currently not working.. So can't really see whats available..

Hi there!

I am looking into purchasing a new DSLR camera since my old Rebel T1i was stolen.
I'm trying to decide between a Canon EOS 60D, 7D or the new Rebel T4i.
Any suggestions? My budget is around $1,000 and the 7D is quite expensive, but is it worth it to invest over $1700?
I normally use my camera for photos, but I do use the video function as well from time to time.

I have also been looking into buying a used camera (Canon 60D) from Kerrisdale Cameras, B&H Photo or even Craigslist.
It seems a bit risky, but any thoughts?

Thanks and would love to hear your advice.

Yukiko

I am in the market for a 7D and came across a website that advertised a new 7D for $1119. I can pm you the link if you like, because I don't know if its against the forum rules to post it here.

Hi there!

I am looking into purchasing a new DSLR camera since my old Rebel T1i was stolen.
Any suggestions? My budget is around $1,000 and the 7D is quite expensive, but is it worth it to invest over $1700?
I normally use my camera for photos, but I do use the video function as well from time to time.

I have also been looking into buying a used camera (Canon 60D) from Kerrisdale Cameras, B&H Photo or even Craigslist.

Yukiko

I am in the market for a 7D and came across a website that advertised a new 7D for $1119. I can pm you the link if you like, because I don't know if its against the forum rules to post it here.

It's most likely a scam.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I just watched a 7d sell for 1K on ebay....fun to watch auctions and dream....lol

Hi there!

Yukiko

I, too, would avoid any site that has too-good-to-be-true prices. Amazon, B and H, and Adorama will give you the best reasonable price and outstanding after-the-sale service.

Over $1700 for a 7D? You should easily be able to find a very good used one on eBay or Craigslist for $1200.
I agree with you.. EBAY or Craigslist will provide within said price.

Great Girl

You have to be careful with used DSLRs, i Bought a Canon 40D from a Pawn Shop for 400 bucks (i knew the owner :p) and the shutter died 4 months later.... i was so mad!
I bought my Canon 7D on Amazon brand new and it came with 2 lenses, Filters, 2 batteries, 2 chargers (1 Car charger which is awesome!!!!) a bag, Tripod, 1 16GIG CF, 2 lens attachments extreme wide and telephoto. It was $1799. I LOVE IT!!!!
check out some of my work.
Digital Spackle | Professional Video Production at an affordable price!

Cheers,
Todd

As you are already conversant with Canon I'd stick with it. You'll get used to the new Canon camera quicker and more confidently. All three cameras you listed are really good kit and in my view it comes down to budget. Go for the best camera you can afford, read the manual and practise. I'm sure you'll very soon become competent and produce super work.

Given that choice I'd go for the T4i/650D. I travel with my T2i/550D (recently to India, some pics: Observing India), it's taken some knocks and works perfectly well, so wouldn't describe it as a 'toy' unless you plan to shoot somewhere where weather sealing is a must (humid jungles, sandy deserts, etc).

D series over any Rebel. Of course depends on what you're using it for. Play/shooting family and friends at a theme park - Rebel. More pro shoots - D series :)

Given that choice I'd go for the T4i/650D. I travel with my T2i/550D (recently to India, some pics: Observing India), it's taken some knocks and works perfectly well, so wouldn't describe it as a 'toy' unless you plan to shoot somewhere where weather sealing is a must (humid jungles, sandy deserts, etc).

If you know how to fully use the camera, lighting, and composition....Most camera will produce good pictures. The T2i does feel like a toy because of its small plastic body. Even when I had the 60D and t2i...it felt small...Then when I got the 7D and 5D mark ii...even the 60D feels small.

The only thing the 60D has over the 7D is the screen. Filming video, the screen is a huge plus. Other than that, the 7D is a much better camera. I even like everything about it more than the 5D mark ii except that the 5D is full frame. It really depends on what you do, shooting weddings especially during reception you need good autofocus system. The 7D is a lot faster with their focus system. It all depends on your budget, and how much are you going to put in to photography. If you're new, the 60D would be fine for you to grow into. Save the money and get some good glass, lighting, and etc.

Get a 7D, all other cameras are toys in comparison. Buy it used, you can get one in good condition cheap now because a lot of people went to 5d2 after 5d3's launch. Also check out Canon Loyalty Program for 7D

I wouldn't say 'all other cameras are toys in comparison."

That's kind of a silly assertion. The 60D is a very capable camera, especially if you like video. The Rebel is... Well, a rebel. But I wouldn't consider them toys.

As the other poster has figured out, I was referring to the body/build. My bad for not clarifying it properly.

D series over any Rebel. Of course depends on what you're using it for. Play/shooting family and friends at a theme park - Rebel. More pro shoots - D series :)

Well, techically Rebel is also a "D" 550D, 600D, 650D... And the number is higher, so it must be better. ;) ;) I may not understand anything about computers, but I know that a videocard with the highest number, is the best one. Like Geforce 690.

Even when I had the 60D and t2i...it felt small...Then when I got the 7D and 5D mark ii...even the 60D feels small

And then when you get 1D series, all the sudden your 70-200 doesn't seem that big..or heavy. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back