canon rumours 05

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
i know these sorts of things go around all the time but someone was telling me earlier that i shouldn't buy the 20d and instead wait for canon's next offering next spring possibly a 30d?? what do you think?

yeah i heard the same thing.. im kinda wonderin... but yeah.. and next year the 20d will be a lil cheaper :p.. wonder if its true...

Apart from rumor and hearsay, what details do you have on the "30D" and just when is it going to be released?
It's a sure bet that Canon will release a new and improved digital camera but what and when is the question.
I guess you could wait forever for the latest and greatest camera from any vendor and when (or if) you do decide to buy you can be certain that something better will be released the following week. :wink:

very true mrsid99! but when u know or have a good idea that something is round the corner then it's always worth the wait coz if i buy the 20d i'll kick myself in a few months!

I REALLY wish Canon had an offering in between the 20d and the 1d. I love the 20d, but wish it more AF points and was a little faster in focusing and stuff.

I think there are going to be so many changes for quite a while to come that you just have to ask yourself if the current offerings will suit your needs. We can do this whole wait until the next latest/greatest thing forever. For me, I'm sticking with film because of monitary considerations and because, maybe next year they will have a camera that ....

Theres always going to be something better coming out but if there is no problem with whats already available why not get that? it just means you get to enjoy a great item sooner. The 30D will be great, no doubt about it but the 20D is great as well/

I agree with lazarus. There's always something good just around the corner. That's the nature of the market. Canon and Nikon will introduce 1 or 2 new DSLRs every year. If you keep waiting for the next best one, you'll never get one. It's just like computers. You buy the fastest processor, and 3 months later something comes out that's twice as fast.

All good points. I actually went down today to go check out the 20D myself and automatically fell in love with it! It was so amazing! The guy I was talking to said he shot Nikons until he bought a 10D when it came out and totally switched everything to Canon (dont start flaming!) He then found out enough about the 20D and was able to sell his 10D for the price it would cost for the 20D! So he basically switched to the 20D for free because no one knew about the 20D yet. He eventually ended up buying a second 20D because he loved it so much. And this is on top of his 1D. He still loves the 20D more then anything. I think it's totally a great buy. And like everyone said, If you wait for something better, your going to wait forever.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back