canon sony panasonic or fujifilm?

err, I think Mike's point was that rather than spending $400-500 on an advanced point and shoot with a big zoom range, just get an entry level DSLR for the same price instead that'll give far superior image quality and flexibility. I don't think any class warfare was intended.

EOS Digital Rebel XT Digital Camera Kit (Black) with Canon 28-90mm Lens

$469. Decent DSLR entry level camera plus lens for under $500.

You could even get an external flash which produces way better results than the built-in flash, and still be well under $1000.

I agree with Big Mike, I'd rather just skip the P&S and go straight to the DSLR. If you think you might really like photography, look at it this way: You'll save the money you might have spent on a P&S when you might intend on getting a DSLR sometime down the road anyway.

err, I think Mike's point was that rather than spending $400-500 on an advanced point and shoot with a big zoom range, just get an entry level DSLR for the same price instead that'll give far superior image quality and flexibility. I don't think any class warfare was intended.

Yes, I understand that, just using it as a prime example that real cameras can be purchassed on the cheap, Truth be told it seems like the P&S is all mky needs but I got carried away ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back