Car shoot. Beware... rice!!!

Prostackz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I normally don't do cars like this, but friend of a friend sorta thing and he really really wanted some pictures, and I could use all the practice I can get =) lemme know what you guys think and try not to judge the car... i know... it makes me wanna cry too.

cavaliercolors.jpg

CavalierFront.jpg

CavalierProfile.jpg

The amount of Rice in these photos is just too much for any human being to take in.

1. Nice shine to the car, might have been cool to have an external flash hit the right side of the car
2. Cool idea, would have did a "look down the side of the ca" shot with that, cool idea though.
3. Car seems under exposed would have used an external if not an external off camera, or both.

lol your title cracked me up... "beware Rice...".
You can see a bunch of crap reflecting on the windshield in the first shot...
2 and 3 are the better one out of the 3 , imo...
They all seem underexposed and the composition isnt ideal.
Really is a shame about the care. LOL.. damn Ricers.

Last edited:
The amount of Rice in these photos is just too much for any human being to take in.

1. Nice shine to the car, might have been cool to have an external flash hit the right side of the car
2. Cool idea, would have did a "look down the side of the ca" shot with that, cool idea though.
3. Car seems under exposed would have used an external if not an external off camera, or both.

I know man, it hurts to see hood pins on a cavalier with 140hp and a body kit lol but like I said it was all about practice! And you all are right, the car is underexposed for sure, I was trying to tone down the gaudy orange with heavy shadows and dim lighting, but i guess it took away from the pics :( and lighting equipment is something i need to invest heavily in

Isn't that a Caviler? When did they start making American rice?

Here in Canada we call that Domestic Rice :lol:.
Rice nontheless.

PS. Yeah lighting equipment can definately make or break you. I recently got my SB600 speedlight for around $300.00 CDN so its definately a good investment. Good luck in the future.

Lol everyone has their own definition of rice. I think of it as being any car with an abundance of gaudy exterior mods with cheap actual performance modifications if any, no matter the make of car. I drove an LT1 trans am for years and now in an STI, i'm totally unbias, I just love clean performance cars that are made to go fast first and look good later =)

I recently got my SB600 speedlight for around $300.00 CDN so its definately a good investment. Good luck in the future.

You can get them better than that if you pay attention. I payed $120 US for mine, got all the documentation with it too.

That being said, the photos lose something because the front grill is underexposed to the point of not seeing any detail at all. That doesn't work for me.

Damn now I don't need to eat lunch cause there's a lot of rice in here. Rice is so 10 years ago. I used to fix up cars too so I understand.

The car seem to be underexposed in all the photos, the background lighting and colors are great.

Yes, underexposed but not bad shots otherwise. I was also one to make fun of rice until a little CRX beat my '70 Chevelle (454 + B&M blower and two 750cfm carburetors). I bought it and put more money into it and made it even faster (was wicked insane). Changed the plate to "Rice Grl" as rice earned my respect.

The general thought was exposure so I brightened em all up a bit, sadly you can see some of the cars less than hot issues a little clearer lol but i think the pictures do look better

025.jpg

069.jpg

050.jpg

Yes, underexposed but not bad shots otherwise. I was also one to make fun of rice until a little CRX beat my '70 Chevelle (454 + B&M blower and two 750cfm carburetors). I bought it and put more money into it and made it even faster (was wicked insane). Changed the plate to "Rice Grl" as rice earned my respect.

Thanks :) and you have to watch out for some of those sneaky hondas, they might look like rice, but a built N/A B series block in a stripped CRX is definitely not slow. Trade ya my STI for your chevelle? =D

Thanks :) and you have to watch out for some of those sneaky hondas, they might look like rice, but a built N/A B series block in a stripped CRX is definitely not slow. Trade ya my STI for your chevelle? =D

Didn't help the "Rex" was on slicks, either, lol. I went up at the line in a cloud of smoke and out from said smoke shot the CRX. Amazing video for that part, anyway, lol. Almost had him at the end but almost don't count, as you know. Sold the SHE-velle for the Formula Ford. Unfortunately, raced that less than a season and had to sell it at DIRT price bc of an unexpected expense. Yeah, the CRX had a B16 from a Del Sol and I built it up for the max compression to stay on pump gas with high-pro tranny, clutch, etc, then chipped it to run to 9500 RPM. I totally stripped it on the interior including welding racing seats in so I could get rid of the tracking, lol. Ugly as sin on the inside but totally custom on the outside and it was a rocket!

Most reactions

Back