Car shoot

revenater

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is the same picture in b&w and color. Thoughts are appreciated. I am just starting out with HDR and really want to improve.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411914963.248264.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411914984.012723.jpg

Unfortunately, these look like charcoal drawings, and not very good ones.

The reason I wrote that is because beginning artists tend to make their drawings very flat, as though looking at a flat piece of paper. No depth to the drawing. Your treatment, therefore, looks way too overdone to my taste.

How would you have given it depth?

How would you have given it depth?
More variation between light, shade, and shadow. (A wider range of tone)

IOW: natural sunlight with a lot less HDR.

IMO the more successful HDR is done so that nobody knows it was actually done. The scene just looks natural.

Last edited:
Here is the same picture in b&w and color. Thoughts are appreciated. I am just starting out with HDR and really want to improve. View attachment 85454View attachment 85455

Dial it back. HDR fortunately appears to be on its way out of style. I used to take the same approach a few years ago till I noticed my photos were only liked by people on Instagram so I stopped doing it lol

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Here is the same picture in b&w and color. Thoughts are appreciated. I am just starting out with HDR and really want to improve. View attachment 85454View attachment 85455

Dial it back. HDR fortunately appears to be on its way out of style. I used to take the same approach a few years ago till I noticed my photos were only liked by people on Instagram so I stopped doing it lol

NO! It is not going out of style. Overprocessed and aggressive HDR may be, but I use it subtly quite often.

To the OP... you need to uncook this.. ALOT. It's WAY overprocessed and that ruins any potential the image had. Subtle is better.

NO! It is not going out of style. Overprocessed and aggressive HDR may be, but I use it subtly quite often.

To the OP... you need to uncook this.. ALOT. It's WAY overprocessed and that ruins any potential the image had. Subtle is better.

I'm sorry man but it's true. I feel like even folks who have no idea what HDR photos are say they look fake. It's no longer an art. When newspapers and sports broadcasts alike publish them and have thousands of people say " I was there and saw the same thing and it looked nothing like this to my eye or my camera" I enjoy them but reduced my HDR output from 25/100 photos down to like 4/100 photos

aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

:cower:

Last edited:
How many pictures did you take to combine for this HDR?
If you only took one picture, it is tone mapped, not really HDR.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back