Check out this artist's work

I

Iron Flatline

Take a look at Oleg Duryagin's work.

Even the last Series, "Ass Paradise" is ultimately very well done...

... which goes hand-in-hand with a piece by another artist. Check out Craig Damrauer's site:

modern-art.gif

Thanks. Both cool sites.

& especially thanks for posting something in here that actually belongs in here. It's starting to look like the forum for the goofily-inclined and Apple computer salespeople.

LOL, yeah... Ok, I'll post more things actually about the art of photography.

And I'll do it slowly and deliberately so Mac users can follow along too...

Thanks. Both cool sites.

& especially thanks for posting something in here that actually belongs in here. It's starting to look like the forum for the goofily-inclined and Apple computer salespeople.

Those are amazing pictures. Amazing in the sense that I have never seen anything like it before. I would be curious to know the process he uses to get those results. However, I find all those pictures really disturbing and these eyes a bit scary; and that's when looking at small pictures on the Internet, I can just imagine the effect of 100x100cm or larger prints... As for the toilet paper pictures, I just don't get it...

I don't see how the Craig Damrauer's site is art? Its just obvious statements.

See the first post...

Last edited:
@ Steph, yeah, he plagiarized the toilet paper, as someone else made the actual design.

Sometimes artist get too artsy fruit cakey and fall off the deep end of what art is I think. Specifically minimalist artist. Some minimalist stuff is cool, and others look like it took 2 minutes to make.

Mnimalist usually has some abscure social-economic, or the oppression of something or another meaning it seems like.

Last edited:
those shots are SICK!
love it. LOVE it.

gonna play around for that look.

did i mention i love it?

Re Damrauer: not convinced he seems himself as an artist... more like a graphic designer blogging in a highly stylized form... which to my eyes is a form of communicative art.

The toilet paper stuff is mainly cute. I think Duryagin knows it, too. That's why the series is sort of listed aside from the others, and has a silly name. I do believe there's validity though. Taking something so mundane, and making it a large piece focused on design in soft yet structured way is "clever" - a phrase I used earlier, too.

Some art is about the piece, while some elicits conversation.

I'd gladly hang a few smaller prints of the toilet paper on my powder room wall.

Very good artistic work of photography. I like the layout with dark background. Most interestingly, these equation diaghrams are very thought provoking ...

Duryagin's photos are stunning. Breath-taking. That's the power of digital photography and digital arts combined. Superb outputs. Maybe even the word superb is an understatement. Wow. Classic masterpieces.

Cheers!

Captain Kimo

Most reactions

Back