Check This Guy Out!

If he wasn't so old and cute, he'd get knocked the f out.

LOL!

Nice to have you back toofy... :D

I couldn't bring myself to shoot the way he does, but then again, ive never tried to be that aggressive though.

One question though, do you need a model release form to display or sell street photos? I cant imagine he went back and asked everyone he shot, or if even half would agree to signing one after him being int their face.

From what I've read here and on quite a few other sites a model release is not needed for any non-commercial photograph taken on public property.

I'm too much of a nice guy to be shooting in someones grill. They may punch my grill out.

Please, enlighten us why you think his photos are so funny. :raisedbrow:

They weren't funny. Every time I looked at an image I posted it. Then I went back and continued to look at others then went back to change my post. So the laughter at the end is me laughing at myself for how i do things.

Nice eyebrows!

(ok.. the last one I cheated and looked through the viewfinder :) )

I like them especially The MET I love that ceiling, took a picture of it and it's crooked... also the last image. Did you go to B&H?

I like them especially The MET I love that ceiling, took a picture of it and it's crooked... also the last image. Did you go to B&H?

Thanks... for the comment.... I look forward to doing "the stroll" all over again soon. Perhaps a weekender so the City's overall feeling is less commercial and business like.

For that trip, I did end up going to BH but it was not intended. That was the trip that I dropped and shattered one of my shoe mount viewfinders. It took a few minutes of gritting my teeth to get my boiling blood back down to normal. I figured that I wouldn't let it go until I bought a replacement.... even if I wasn't planning on using at all that day. So a walk to BH, purchased the voigtlander replacement, pushed it out of my mind and moved on to enjoy the rest of the day.

As much as I like BH, they really don't cater to rangefinder and leica shooters. For that I visit a couple other boutiques and browse at a bunch of stuff that would send my bank account into a coma.

Couple of my favorite places to shoot is Union Square just after the work day ends on Friday and in the subway stations (more difficult now a days)

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL262/1501137/7403074/198619558.jpg

One that is fun is just like Iron's "stroll through NYC". The rules are, no TTL metering, handheld meter ambient one every 10 shots (makes you think in stops), no framing (shoot at the hip only), keep moving, and as always.. have fun (photogs, in TPF as well, take this hobby way way too seriously).

You use rangefinders right? How do you deal with manual focus from the hip? Most of my street shots are always out of focus. :(

For that trip, I did end up going to BH but it was not intended.

You were just a block away at the post office that's why i asked you.:lol:

You use rangefinders right? How do you deal with manual focus from the hip? Most of my street shots are always out of focus. :(

Get a wide angle lens and a DOF table for a set distance and learn how far it is to the middle of the DOF and only shoot from that around far away.

^^^^ he has the answer ^^^^

Learning how to do it is easy... learning to be good at it takes practice. Two characteristics of a good fun game to enjoy.

Some shots during that day were done with a 12mm Heliar (lovely lens).. you can't even focus that lens as it isn't coupled to the rangefinder. There is no need really.... the DOF is so large.

This is the reason why for Canon photojournalists, the 16-35mm L is invaluable.

Most reactions

Back